News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2017, 12:23:39 PM
It's saturday! :sneezy:

So?

Oh, yes, being retired I keep forgetting you poor wage and clock dlaves.  :grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2017, 12:31:17 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 04, 2017, 12:27:47 PM

So?

Oh, yes, being retired I keep forgetting you poor wage and clock dlaves.  :grin:

:snooty:

Just think -- only 40 or so more years and you too can lose track of the difference between weekdays and weekends.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 05, 2017, 06:32:52 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2017, 12:31:17 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 04, 2017, 12:27:47 PM

So?

:snooty:

Just think -- only 40 or so more years and you too can lose track of the difference between weekdays and weekends.

Oh, I can still differentiate between Sunday and the rest of the week, there are important differences.

Like the programming on BBC Radio 4 is not to my taste, the buses run every half hour rather than every 12 minutes and the shops close at 4pm. Oh, execpt the little one round the corner that is run by Asians.

Terrible first world problems you must aggree.

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Bad Penny II

That's good, could have been better I thought and I've heard it said.
61 is a lot more than 38, there's probably a brain thing (semantics?..na it's a number not a word, but sixty one is a word(s) too..) that sees 61 as only 11 above a pass mark.

And 79.5% participation was good.

Of course the TRUE RELIGIOUS don't want any law introduced that is intolerant of the age old right of religion to be intolerant.

We didn't need to have it though, the parliament could have just voted on it without wasting $110,000,000 on non binding poll and then voting on it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Received a "sign for" letter from my bank today. Oh, oh.

Opened it to find that I had won a prize in the monthly savers' draw. Phoned the helpline number I always use before going to the specified website yo claim. Website could not accept the codes in the letter, phoned helpline again - have to go to my brsnch to sort it. Off to town.

Codes would not work in the branch either, lady had to get the manager to phone.

Didn''t get one of the three £100 000 top prizes, nor one of the five £1000 second prizes . . .

But I did get one of the £100 prizes! Went to lunch in Cafe Rene to celebrate (panfried trout in garlic/dill sauce, almonds and red onion, triple cooked chunky crispy chips (fries), salad and a medium glass of Merlot).

OK, nearly 15% of it spent already but - yum!

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on November 16, 2017, 03:27:04 PM

Opened it to find that I had won a prize in the monthly savers' draw. Phoned the helpline number I always use before going to the specified website yo claim. Website could not accept the codes in the letter, phoned helpline again - have to go to my brsnch to sort it. Off to town.

Codes would not work in the branch either, lady had to get the manager to phone.

Didn''t one of the three £100 000 top prizes, nor one of the five £1000 second prizes . . .

But I did get one of the £100 prizes! Went to lunch in Cafe Rene to celebrate (panfried trout in garlic/dill sauce, almonds and red onion, triple cooked chunky crispy chips (fries), salad and a medium glass of Merlot).

Congratulations and praise the Lord!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Velma

All of my Christmas shopping is done!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 20, 2017, 01:58:43 AM

Whoa, congratulations.  I don't even start until December -- can't handle thinking about it till then.
Sandy

Velma

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 20, 2017, 04:52:54 AM
Quote from: Velma on November 20, 2017, 01:58:43 AM

Whoa, congratulations.  I don't even start until December -- can't handle thinking about it till then.
Actually, there wasn't much to it. My husband's wish list was complete - and everything was at Amazon, so it only took a few clicks. If I happen to be out-n-about and see something small I think he'll like, I'll get it, but for all intents and purposes I'm done.

(Neither of us is close enough to any other family to bother exchanging gifts with them. Neither of us is unhappy about this situation.)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on November 20, 2017, 06:14:36 AM
(Neither of us is close enough to any other family to bother exchanging gifts with them. Neither of us is unhappy about this situation.)

Right there with you.  My shopping list is down to ten people and that's more than enough.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on November 16, 2017, 03:27:04 PM

Didn''t get one of the three £100 000 top prizes, nor one of the five £1000 second prizes . . .

Lucky Dave! :grin: