News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on March 20, 2018, 12:42:24 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 20, 2018, 11:22:42 AM
So...today autumn starts in the southern hemisphere! Colder days! :dance:
That's a coincidence, we have just moved into Spring - warmer days  :dance:

:o That's an uncanny coincidence!

;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

My loan is all finalized and I go to pick up my car on Saturday. I love working at a bank.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on March 22, 2018, 09:32:06 PM
My loan is all finalized and I go to pick up my car on Saturday. I love working at a bank.
Congratulations, Buddy!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

We demand pictures!  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 22, 2018, 10:03:31 PM
We demand pictures!  ;D

You will get many pictures!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

The new washing machine is so silent you don't even notice it's there. It's like...the perfect house guest. :grin:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 24, 2018, 02:11:02 PM
The new washing machine is so silent you don't even notice it's there. It's like...the perfect house guest. :grin:
Never invite Bluenose to stay!!! :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 02:12:04 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 24, 2018, 02:11:02 PM
Never invite Bluenose to stay!!! :D

Hehee!  ;D

Buddy

I'm just finishing up at the dealership and then I get to take my new MINI home. I've named him Jezza

Buddy

We made it home in one piece! I didn't get many pictures, but I'll get more tomorrow. This is such a great car to drive. I thought Charlie was zippy, but Jezza is a speed demon haha.

hermes2015

Nice car Buddy. Congratulations and enjoy driving it safely.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on March 25, 2018, 03:21:11 AM
We made it home in one piece! I didn't get many pictures, but I'll get more tomorrow. This is such a great car to drive. I thought Charlie was zippy, but Jezza is a speed demon haha.

Lovely car. I don't want to read a post on FB from your mother that it killed you.

Buddy

Don't, worry Tank. I won't drive like an idiot and this car has all the safety features af a BMW. Seriously, the dealer told me this thing has like, 11 different airbags and is built like a tank.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on March 25, 2018, 10:02:46 AM
Don't, worry Tank. I won't drive like an idiot and this car has all the safety features af a BMW. Seriously, the dealer told me this thing has like, 11 different airbags and is built like a tank.
A Panzer III is no match for a Tiger, and you aren't in the Tiger the other red neck nutter is. All cars are made of the thinnest possible metal to save weight and cost while meeting the lowest possible safety standards that will allow the maker to claim they meet 'the highest possible safety standards'. Take care it's just a way of getting from A to B.