Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on March 19, 2018, 08:13:01 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2018, 07:54:58 PM
Argh, I'm tired. And hangry.

Sounds like your blood sugar is low, dear, go eat some chocolate cake or something equally sweet and comforting.

:grin:

;D I love chocolate, but will be overdosing on the stuff in a couple of weeks. 

I had some green ice-cream. Mint? Not sure. :notsure:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'm stuck working straight through with nothing but a trainee tomorrow. I'm going to be a grumpy sore bastards by 10:00 tomorrow night. I won't even get to eat.  >:(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 24, 2018, 01:39:00 AM
I'm stuck working straight through with nothing but a trainee tomorrow. I'm going to be a grumpy sore bastards by 10:00 tomorrow night. I won't even get to eat.  >:(

:twitch:

jumbojak

Yep. I'm a sore, grumpy bastards right about now.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I made it all through the winter flu epidemic without getting sick and this week I've been stuffy and gross.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Buddy on March 30, 2018, 06:14:23 PM
I made it all through the winter flu epidemic without getting sick and this week I've been stuffy and gross.  >:(

I detest illness, it keeps one in a continual state of inelegance.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on March 30, 2018, 06:14:23 PM

Sniffles suck but missing out on the flu is something to celebrate. A friend of mine would've probably died had he not called his mom in a moment of mental clarity.

And since no one else said it, have some hot whiskey and lemon...

Icarus

I am grumpy when someone does their speed talking display.  Too much of that on radio and TV. Especially advertisers.  They use sentences similar to .........Ihavenoideawhatthehellyouaredoingwiththatnubernineiron....elapsed time 1.05 seconds.  My brain does not work at light speed I fear.  The people who do this are practicing a type of arrogance that puts me off. 

Also when a blabbermouth finishes a thought and promptly uses the word; and while inhaling, you know that he/she will be off on another unstoppable ranting dissertation about something that may or may not be relevant to the conversation that he/she has monopolized for ten minutes. Politicians are particularly adept with this ploy.

Also annoying are sentences that are interminably long like the last one above.

philosoraptor

I'm grumpy because anymore my cable internet runs like 1998 AOHell on a dial-up modem. Data mining social media loads up just fine, but it took me literally twenty frickin' minutes to load this thread without the page timing out. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that has *nothing* to do with the repeal of net neutrality laws. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.  ::)
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Tank

Quote from: philosoraptor on April 03, 2018, 01:23:04 AM
I'm grumpy because anymore my cable internet runs like 1998 AOHell on a dial-up modem. Data mining social media loads up just fine, but it took me literally twenty frickin' minutes to load this thread without the page timing out. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that has *nothing* to do with the repeal of net neutrality laws. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.  ::)
We did have a few server problems over the last couple of days but they should have been ironed out by now.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Should be OK now. A very short drop (Should not be more than seconds) once a day or a couple of times a week may be expected with our host/DB setup.

I'll see if I can get GD on the horn about it. It's kind of been on my mind since I first noticed the pattern shortly after migration, but... Fucking life, man...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

philosoraptor

It didn't even occur to me that you guys were having server issues, because there were multiple websites I was having issues with. The internet has been especially spotty all over the island this week.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Asmodean

While on the subject, Miscosoft is out cold, it seems... At least, their cloud services are.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Wanted to get in contact with Amazon customer service. Typed that in the search line and was offered loads of books, mostly £2.50ish on Kindle, on how to do do!

Shee-fucking-it!

Since when do you need to buy a book to contact customer service!? You don't of course, you just enter that same search line into a browser and up pops a freephone number. Another trick marketing ploy . . .

Begining to wonder if this forum is one of the few sane places left that is not doing its best to trick money out of us. Irony is it is one of the few pkaces I would be happy to contribute to the running costs of! I drop Wiki the ocassional quid or five.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 06, 2018, 03:27:17 PM
Wanted to get in contact with Amazon customer service. Typed that in the search line and was offered loads of books, mostly £2.50ish on Kindle, on how to do do!

Shee-fucking-it!

Since when do you need to buy a book to contact customer service!? You don't of course, you just enter that same search line into a browser and up pops a freephone number. Another trick marketing ploy . . .

Begining to wonder if this forum is one of the few sane places left that is not doing its best to trick money out of us. Irony is it is one of the few pkaces I would be happy to contribute to the running costs of! I drop Wiki the ocassional quid or five.

That's absurd! It's not like Amazon doesn't make loads of money already.