News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Did you choose to be an atheist because you wanted to escape morality?

Started by Thunder Road, December 28, 2011, 09:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Any bones left for The Asmo to pick here? Apparently, the fun sort of started and then ended while he was asleep.  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on January 21, 2012, 06:47:06 AM
Any bones left for The Asmo to pick here? Apparently, the fun sort of started and then ended while he was asleep.  :(

Sorry, Asmo. :-\

I think i might have killed him. (figuatively)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 21, 2012, 09:24:57 AM
I think i might have killed him. (figuatively)

Tell me more of this "figuatively" manner of killing.
Does it involve twisted rope?

Guardian85

No, just bashing with irrefutable arguments. Hence the "figuratively".
Though he might have had a stroke. Who knows?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Liar For Jesus on January 20, 2012, 11:14:38 PM
You know things are pretty bad when the masses are willing to pretend two men making love with each others feces and fisting each other up the a_ _   along with two women jamming foreign objects up one anothers vagina  ... is considered healthy and morally permissible. 

And there it is -- no rational argument, no medical facts, just sexual hysteria resulting from a personally offended "ick factor" and a misunderstanding of same-sex behavior so wild it makes me wonder if Liar for Jesus has ever had any kind of sex at all.  Seriously, LfJ, I'm not suggesting you should be gay or even bi-curious, but you do need help getting over the sexual hysteria -- that cannot be making your life in any way better.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 21, 2012, 08:45:43 PM
Quote from: Liar For Jesus on January 20, 2012, 11:14:38 PM
You know things are pretty bad when the masses are willing to pretend two men making love with each others feces and fisting each other up the a_ _   along with two women jamming foreign objects up one anothers vagina  ... is considered healthy and morally permissible. 

And there it is -- no rational argument, no medical facts, just sexual hysteria resulting from a personally offended "ick factor" and a misunderstanding of same-sex behavior so wild it makes me wonder if Liar for Jesus has ever had any kind of sex at all.  Seriously, LfJ, I'm not suggesting you should be gay or even bi-curious, but you do need help getting over the sexual hysteria -- that cannot be making your life in any way better.

His behaviour is the very definition of 'homophobic'.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on January 21, 2012, 08:51:50 PM
Hmm... Phobias...

The Asmo needs one of his own. Asmophobia - the irrational fear of being consumed alive by an armada of raging Asmos and dissolved screaming in their digestive juices.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on January 21, 2012, 09:02:27 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 21, 2012, 08:51:50 PM
Hmm... Phobias...

The Asmo needs one of his own. Asmophobia - the irrational fear of being consumed alive by an armada of raging Asmos and dissolved screaming in their digestive juices.  :D

I must draw this. An army of asmos!!
Made me think.of the starship trooper parody in Futurama when they were fighting the alien spheres. Except they should be Asmos!

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

So you are saying this is an irrational fear?
OK, I'll start work on minimising it.
But dismissing our well founded fears could easily be part of your evil plan, it makes us vulnerable.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 22, 2012, 02:34:36 AM

So you are saying this is an irrational fear?
OK, I'll start work on minimising it.
But dismissing our well founded fears could easily be part of your evil plan, it makes us vulnerable.
Hush! Not so LOUD!  :o
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Wessik

Asmo, I'd love to be your second in command. But only if you find me worthy of the responsibilities of, urm... "raising morale." (Woo hoo! twisted rope!) ;D
I have my own blog! redkarp.blogspot.com!

Thunder Road

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Thunder Road on January 24, 2012, 07:05:07 AM
I like how this thread completely took off without me...

Yeah, where the bloody hell have you been??

Thunder Road

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 24, 2012, 09:08:34 PM
Quote from: Thunder Road on January 24, 2012, 07:05:07 AM
I like how this thread completely took off without me...

Yeah, where the bloody hell have you been??

Eh I got the statistics I needed.  I'm not really sure what's been going on in the last 4 or so pages, ha.
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.