News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Imsomniacal mental meanderings

Started by Dave, December 13, 2016, 03:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

I don't seem to have problems getting to sleep but I am waking up ridiculously early at the moment.  4:30am and bang, I'm wide awake.

Dave

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 28, 2017, 07:45:12 AM
I don't seem to have problems getting to sleep but I am waking up ridiculously early at the moment.  4:30am and bang, I'm wide awake.
That is my normal pattern, even in the winter when the daylight is not there early to stimulate me.

I take aspirin each night as part of my heart meds and, due to foot pain, I have been taking paracetamol at night for the past week or so. That combo is a recognised one and, maybe coincidentally, I have had very good sleep over that period (and had to go to the loo less often at night). Otherwise it was sleep in two hour periods with half an hour between and go to loo two or three times.

I did not take the paracetamol last night.

I am not allowed it but it seems that if you add caffeine (don't know if a cup of coffee or tea is enough) to the above combo it reduces one's sensitivity to light and sound - as well as thoseb ittle pains one becomes orone to as one gets older.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Firebird

4 and 5 am the last two nights, but that's due to jetlag. And firechicklet's jetlag, which means she's ready to play. Sigh. Back to work today too   :P
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

I consider myself and afternoon person, but keep on waking up at around 6h30 - 7h00. I usually don't need to wake up that early.   :sigh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 29, 2017, 06:23:32 PM
I consider myself and afternoon person, but keep on waking up at around 6h30 - 7h00. I usually don't need to wake up that early.   :sigh:
Then you tire yourself out for the rest of the day struggling to get back to sleep.

Bin there, dun that...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on June 29, 2017, 06:55:09 PM
Then you tire yourself out for the rest of the day struggling to get back to sleep.

Bin there, dun that...

Yes, though during the day I ingest inordinate amounts of caffeine so I'm wide awake.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 29, 2017, 08:42:18 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on June 29, 2017, 06:55:09 PM

Bin there, dun that...

Yes, though during the day I ingest inordinate amounts of caffeine so I'm wide awake.

I am going to need one of those rigs when I have my cataract op.

I will need to put drops in my eyes for weeks and I absolutely HATE drops in my eyes!

Thst bothers me more thsn the op...

xSilverPhinx

*shudder* :twitch:

Eye drops are awful! But out of curiously, what do they drop on your eyes when you get the operation?

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 29, 2017, 08:52:47 PM
*shudder* :twitch:

Eye drops are awful! But out of curiously, what do they drop on your eyes when you get the operation?

According to the letter it is "G.Nepafenac tds",  seems it is an NSAID anti-inflammatory. Since I am low level diabetic there is a danger if fluid build up in "back of the eye" as the surgeon described it.

Arturo

Way back in 2011/2012 I was seeing a girl and when I went home I saw her face on my favorite things. And what I mean by that is, when I thought of my favorite things, her face would appear on top as if an over lay was placed on top of them.

My step brother came to me and told me, as it was happening to me, that he was having the same problem. He may have been seeing another girl though.

Anyone have this happen to them or have any idea what happened? Appreciate it if you respond.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Claireliontamer

I don't think it's uncommon to imagine the face of someone you care about.  I think it just means they are on your mind.

Arturo

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 03, 2017, 10:15:23 AM
I don't think it's uncommon to imagine the face of someone you care about.  I think it just means they are on your mind.

I mean I was SEEING her in the physical form but we weren't dating. I didn't even consider us friends during the period this happened. Which is why it was so unusual. I really had no choice but to see her everyday.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Arturo on July 03, 2017, 11:14:30 AM

I mean I was SEEING her in the physical form but we weren't dating. I didn't even consider us friends during the period this happened. Which is why it was so unusual. I really had no choice but to see her everyday.

Sorry for misunderstanding what you wrote.

I still don't think it's anything to be concerned about if it's someone you saw on a daily basis.  When I used to work at a supermarket on the checkouts I used to come home and still hear the beeping of the products going through.  The noise was clearly not there anymore but my brain was still registering it, the same thing can happen with visual stimuli.

Arturo

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 03, 2017, 11:46:03 AM
Quote from: Arturo on July 03, 2017, 11:14:30 AM

Sorry for misunderstanding what you wrote.

I still don't think it's anything to be concerned about if it's someone you saw on a daily basis.  When I used to work at a supermarket on the checkouts I used to come home and still hear the beeping of the products going through.  The noise was clearly not there anymore but my brain was still registering it, the same thing can happen with visual stimuli.

No it's okay. I purposely left that part out for times sake becausr I thought people would get it.

But I suppose it was nothing to worry about.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Replay of last sleepless night, same pattern, watched videos ofpeople doing home workshop projects - then trying to work out how to do something similar in less space. One chap's "workbox",  with all the tools having their place in/on the "lid" and storage inside, had a footprint about the same size as the entire free floor space of my work area!

Think I said before this sort of problem solving is the thing I miss from work, that and having free access to using mills, lathes, saws, welding kit, naterials . . .

Now have a head full of ideas and hoping I have the energy to employ them!