News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Miss USA - Should Evolution Be Taught In Schools? Top 15 dumbest answers!

Started by Tank, February 16, 2012, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Retired member.

Reprobate

Most of the women shown in the videa are from states in what is considered the "Bible Belt:" Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Missouri, Louisiana, and Alabama are definitely in that region, and Indiana is borderline.

A couple of the responses seem to be politically correct non-answers. "I think we should let the government decide." The ignorance of that reply is appalling.

Whitney

Considering that most of them at least thought it should be taught (even if they had dumb stipulations); I think that's an improvement over what people in similar positions would have said not too long ago.

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on February 16, 2012, 04:25:46 PM
Considering that most of them at least thought it should be taught (even if they had dumb stipulations); I think that's an improvement over what people in similar positions would have said not too long ago.
That's probably true.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Crocoduck

Well as my friend Carl always used to say "Never say pretty but dumb, always say pretty and dumb".
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Crow

Quote from: Crocoduck on February 16, 2012, 09:52:27 PM
Well as my friend Carl always used to say "Never say pretty but dumb, always say pretty and dumb".

They aren't even that pretty its certainly nothing more than what a tonne of make-up, fake tan, hair extensions, and hair spray can help achieve. I always say "dumb is never pretty".
Retired member.

Anne D.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on February 16, 2012, 03:04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGnL9lZkBVs

Ok these women are not there for their brains but WTF!  :o

For the life of me I don't understand why these things don't accept that they're nothing but a cattle auction and just pare it down to the swimsuit contest.  It would simplify things and I can't imagine any unhappy viewers.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 17, 2012, 02:53:02 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 16, 2012, 03:04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGnL9lZkBVs

Ok these women are not there for their brains but WTF!  :o

For the life of me I don't understand why these things don't accept that they're nothing but a cattle auction and just pare it down to the swimsuit contest.  It would simplify things and I can't imagine any unhappy viewers.
Precisely.

Asmodean

Quote from: Reprobate on February 16, 2012, 04:01:34 PM
"I think we should let the government decide." The ignorance of that reply is appalling.
I say "I'll do whatever the government decides" whenever something is a non-issue for me.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

En_Route

Were they all really so dumb ? Struck me some of them were just being studiedly evasive and were anxious not to adopt a committal position on a divisive issue which might antagonise viewers or whatever other electorate else was deciding their fate. 
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

My favorite line...Ms Idaho "We need to be knowledged about it."   I also like how many of them don't seem to realize that it already is taught in schools. 

Guardian85

These women are supposed to be the epitomy of hotness... When did stupid and ignorant become the new sexy?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 17, 2012, 06:57:21 PM
These women are supposed to be the epitomy of hotness... When did stupid and ignorant become the new sexy?
For the simpleton male, it's always been that way.