News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

How much are you looking to spend?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

A local Cardinal, (3rd highest ranking Catholic in Christendom apparently) is off to jail for kiddy fiddling.
He is appealing, sorry I'll rephrase that. 
He is very unappealing but he is appealing his conviction.
I'm not sure how the jury decided his guilt beyond reasonable doubt when it was a he said/he said thing.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quotehttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-20/search-for-missing-european-backpackers-scaled-back-shelly-beach/10827102
New South Wales Police have scaled back a search for two European backpackers feared drowned off a Port Macquarie beach on the state's mid-north coast.
Englishman Hugo Palmer, 20, and his French companion Erwan Ferrieux, 21, were travelling along the east coast before they were reported missing at the weekend.
Personal items — including towels, sunglasses and car keys — belonging to the tourists were found in their hire car at Shelly Beach on Sunday night.

A couple more to the Peaceful Ocean's tally sadly.
Many visitors don't seem to understand water.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 27, 2019, 09:58:50 AM
A local Cardinal, (3rd highest ranking Catholic in Christendom apparently) is off to jail for kiddy fiddling.
He is appealing, sorry I'll rephrase that. 
He is very unappealing but he is appealing his conviction.
I'm not sure how the jury decided his guilt beyond reasonable doubt when it was a he said/he said thing.

The plaintive must have been more a believable and credible witness at the trial.
But I agree, with the febrile attitude to Catholic priests an unfounded accusation must be a terrible worry for the people who have never done anything like that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

WTF
I scan the latest HAF posts, there's only seven since I posted yesterday.
Ye well there's nothing happening.
For the first time two nuclear states are doing dog fights in the sky.

I had another line, it was excellent but in my exuberance I lost it.
Try and try, na, it's lost.
Is there a word for that?
Might it start with "Dem" end in "tia"
Shut up green
It starts with people and ends in tears.

Icarus

Me too BP.  I have noticed that lately there is too little traffic on the forum. 

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bluenose

Yes, it has been quiet.  Don't worry, another troll will come along by and by to spice things up!  :bogey:
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I've noticed it's been really quiet around here too. I've dropped in every now and then to read a couple of posts but haven't been contributing.  :-[
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

I watched the Westworld TV series, I knew it couldn't of only been me.

https://twitter.com/samir/status/1011246824592674818?lang=en

See, others are thinking it and actually doin it.

Tank

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on March 07, 2019, 08:46:23 AM
:frolic: Mags is coming back!  :frolic:

I'm making scones as my Nana taught me
Touch it feel it, this is the texture we want
I'm making the tea, the water will be boiled
Not over boiled.
The cups have no saucers, they are mere mugs
Tradition is lost but I'll pour Mags a proper cup

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

I love Mags even though we had some minor disagreements in the past.  Magdalena is smart, admirably creative, and articulate.  What's not to like.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant