News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

in some light, can't you sympathize with school shooters?

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 22, 2014, 02:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 12:17:43 AM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 10:32:17 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 24, 2014, 10:07:47 PM
Sorry, I thought you could do your own research.  However, my favourite is http://www.the600club.com. This is the most discerning of the bunch. Probably the strictest code. Some of Anton Lavey's original associates still post there. If you want to be a member you have to apply and they'll let you in a week or so later - stops fly-by posters and allows you some time to read before posting. I urge you to read up to understand your audience or you'll be crucified before you begin.

Another one run by an arrogant, elitist pedant calling himself Zach Black is https://www.satanicinternationalnetwork.com/social/. This is your archetypal ego-fest which I don't have much time for, but it's a much more popular and active site.

There are plenty more.
thank you. I am looking forward to posting there. I hope I am not too unintelligent for them. I have a strong feeling I will be. I will try to made that part of me discrete.

Good luck with that...
Holy shit. I just got back down stairs from socializing with my cousins and stuff and it's always so funny how I go from my environment in person to the online environment where the interaction is just totally the opposite of how it is in person. It makes me feel pretty isolated to tell you the truth, having to come back to the place where I basically call home (the internet) and have it be the place that also causes me stress. I would prefer if you would refrain from sardonic statements like that, and everyone in general. I don't feel like I get any respect when I use a forum, even one like this that claims that it is a warm and friendly environment. Seriously, how many people have just been really unfriendly to me like this? So many.

Buddy

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 25, 2014, 02:16:20 AM
Holy shit. I just got back down stairs from socializing with my cousins and stuff and it's always so funny how I go from my environment in person to the online environment where the interaction is just totally the opposite of how it is in person. It makes me feel pretty isolated to tell you the truth, having to come back to the place where I basically call home (the internet) and have it be the place that also causes me stress. I would prefer if you would refrain from sardonic statements like that, and everyone in general. I don't feel like I get any respect when I use a forum, even one like this that claims that it is a warm and friendly environment. Seriously, how many people have just been really unfriendly to me like this? So many.

Maybe because you keep flipping between making bigoted statements and attempting to get a rise out of people and trying to play the sympathy card and whining about how we are so mean to you. 
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 25, 2014, 03:42:55 AM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 25, 2014, 02:16:20 AM

Maybe because you keep flipping between making bigoted statements and attempting to get a rise out of people and trying to play the sympathy card and whining about how we are so mean to you.  
Hmm... Well some of the things I say are bigoted, except I don't really attack anyone. So you can't really be upset at me about that. As for trying to get sympathy, that is not true. I may say some things that I wish people can put aside their differences and look at things without their own personal beliefs attached so we can try to talk on a higher level. That is what I think I hope for when I come to an atheist forum or any forum that I believe should promote intelligent discussion. I respect that the people of this forum are in fact smart. The statements here simply reflect what I think in my mind. This is not some two face shystering. I am not here to give people a hard time.

Dobermonster

I still think MLA is a troll, and I'm surprised that he/she is still around . . . but not my forum. *shrug*

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Dobermonster on December 25, 2014, 04:26:40 AM
I still think MLA is a troll, and I'm surprised that he/she is still around . . . but not my forum. *shrug*
No one was talking to you.

Dobermonster

I'm almost certain I heard someone say something. I wish people wouldn't mumble around here. *scowls and knits angrily*

Buddy

Oh dear, do we have to borrow one of OldGit's hearing aids?  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 25, 2014, 04:49:17 AM
Quote from: Dobermonster on December 25, 2014, 04:26:40 AM
No one was talking to you.

This may well be your last post here MLA. Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

MLA

I'm still not 100% sure you are just here for 'shits and giggles' as a troll. So rather than ban you I have suspended your account for 31 days. This is to give you a chance to consider your future behaviour. You'll be able to post again from the 25th January 2015.

Merry Christmas
Tank
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

xSilverPhinx

For someone who preaches that others shouldn't take offense you sure are quick to react to what people here say to you, MLA. Think about that on your time off from this forum.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Eric V Arachnid

Sympathise with a Z.
I don't think I ever will.

Sympathy/Empathy I attended a thing, there's supposed be a difference.

I have sympathy for people who have been unfairly hurt.
I may have empathy for those that have been hurt, thinking of striking out.
I don't sympathise with school shooters, schools are a general good and shouldn't be indiscriminately shot at, because.

QuoteWarning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I don't think I need to, it's probably dull and boring, unless it's Phinx of course.
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Siz

Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2014, 08:32:31 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 08:07:30 AM
Can MLA still read posts?
Yes. He can do everything but send PMs and post.

That's a light sentence. When I was banned from 600club they blocked me out of even reading for two weeks for a smartass one-liner. That was torturous!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Eric V Arachnid

Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 12:28:15 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2014, 08:32:31 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on December 25, 2014, 08:07:30 AM
Can MLA still read posts?
Yes. He can do everything but send PMs and post.

That's a light sentence. When I was banned from 600club they blocked me out of even reading for two weeks for a smartass one-liner. That was torturous!

We'll probably disembowel him, pick over his entrails in his absence,
Letting him watch us at it is much crueller but that isn't our intention. 
Misanthropic Curmudgeon