News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

According to Dredge: Abiogenesis is Magic

Started by Dredge, December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Thanks, Solidsquid, I think this goes further to reinforce the opinion amongst us that Dredge has no real grasp of the concept of science.

I know that I use the word lazily,  "Well, in theory there is no way that cat ran through the fence, but it could possibly have jumped that six feet!" Just another way of saying hard solid objects are normally complete barriers to comparatively soft projectile cats.

Hmm, there is still impirical evidence to back it up though. . .

:grin:

Must find out how to switch off the word predator again!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Asmodean Prime

That's for you Brits and Yanks. A proper Asmo will only accept metric evidence.

:rimshot:

...Yup. Sad.  :(

Dave

Drat! Typo'd "Quote" instead of "Modify"!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Déjà vu...

Edited to add:

Quote from: Gloucester on January 29, 2017, 09:40:44 PM

:grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Dredge has been rather quiet lately. Could it be that he's busy reading up on self-organisation? :notsure:

Asmodean

Quote from: Gloucester on January 29, 2017, 09:40:44 PM

Oh, come on! Now His Divine Wordplay is even more sad! :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dredge

Quote from: Gloucester on January 27, 2017, 08:56:31 AM
Prions, self-replicating proteins that are infectious and cause diseases that include Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, are even simpler, even more "primitive", even closer to random chemistry coming up with something unusual. Or did your god "design" these as well?

He was a rotten bastard if he did!
Organisms can't make themselves. God created them all.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Dredge

Quote from: Apathy on January 27, 2017, 09:06:56 AM
Quote from: Dredge on January 27, 2017, 06:24:51 AM
Quote from: solidsquid on January 26, 2017, 02:58:18 AM
post #209 - "Much of what is observed in science is not a "here and now" observation of a process. Plate tectonics is an example. We cannot actively sit and watch the continental plates move and shift – they move too slowly, centimeters per year. Our observations from many other aspects of the process are culled together to provide us with the information on this process. Such is the same for evolution."

post #238 - Plate tectonics is a theory, just like the other theories I mentioned.
Ok, so what I think you're saying is, evolution is like plate tectonics - it is a theory and not a fact.  But  I've heard some people say evolution is a fact.  Is Darwinism a theory or a fact?  Is the general theory of evolution a theory or a fact?

It's a fact because it's repeatedly observed and confirmed. It's also a theory because it explains other observations in nature.
Speciation is repeatedly observed and confirmed?  I didn't know that.  As far as I can tell, speciation is no more than an hypothesis.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dredge on January 31, 2017, 12:03:09 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 27, 2017, 08:56:31 AM
Prions, self-replicating proteins that are infectious and cause diseases that include Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, are even simpler, even more "primitive", even closer to random chemistry coming up with something unusual. Or did your god "design" these as well?

He was a rotten bastard if he did!
Organisms can't make themselves. God created them all.

Organisms can't make themselves? Didn't your parents give you "the talk" yet?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dredge on January 31, 2017, 12:05:31 AM
Quote from: Apathy on January 27, 2017, 09:06:56 AM
Quote from: Dredge on January 27, 2017, 06:24:51 AM
Quote from: solidsquid on January 26, 2017, 02:58:18 AM
post #209 - "Much of what is observed in science is not a "here and now" observation of a process. Plate tectonics is an example. We cannot actively sit and watch the continental plates move and shift – they move too slowly, centimeters per year. Our observations from many other aspects of the process are culled together to provide us with the information on this process. Such is the same for evolution."

post #238 - Plate tectonics is a theory, just like the other theories I mentioned.
Ok, so what I think you're saying is, evolution is like plate tectonics - it is a theory and not a fact.  But  I've heard some people say evolution is a fact.  Is Darwinism a theory or a fact?  Is the general theory of evolution a theory or a fact?

It's a fact because it's repeatedly observed and confirmed. It's also a theory because it explains other observations in nature.
Speciation is repeatedly observed and confirmed?

Yes.

QuoteI didn't know that.

That isn't saying much, as you've demonstrated that there is a LOT you don't know, in this thread. There's nothing wrong with ignorance, as it can be fixed, but stupidity and willful ignorance are different. Your problem, like so many other creationists, is that you think you know what the hell you're talking about, and when by some chance you admit to not knowing, you look to people who are not authorities on the subject of biology to tell you what to think.

Do yourself a favour and stop looking at crap such as Answers in Genesis for what you think are answers. 

QuoteAs far as I can tell, speciation is no more than an hypothesis.

:rofl:

So...you and sea slugs are the same species? Not reproductively isolated?  Can produce viable (fertile) offspring?

Dredge

Quote from: Recusant on January 27, 2017, 05:09:59 PM
Crick's speculations do not actually support Intelligent Design of any sort, natural or supernatural.
Here is an alleged (and unreferenced) quote by Francis Crick that is presented by exoperaculture.com:  "The DNA molecule is the most efficient information storage system in the entire universe.  The immensity of complex, coded and precisely sequenced information is absolutely staggering.  The DNA evidence speaks of intelligent information-bearing design.  Complex DNA coding would have been necessary for even the hypothetical, so-called first simple cell(s) ... For life to form by chance is mathematically virtually impossible." 

And another:  "Every time I write a paper on the origin of life, I swear I will never write another one, because there is too much speculation running after too few facts ..." 

Regarding chemical evolution, in Life Itself, Its Origin and Nature, Crick states, "The plain fact is, the time available was too long, the many microenvironments of the earth's surface too diverse, the various chemicals possibilities too numerous and our knowledge and imagination too feeble to allow us to be able to unravel exactly how it might or might not have happened such a long time ago, especially as we have no experimental evidence from that era to check our ideas against."   Of course, Crick's common sense is rejected by today's deluded abiogenesis "scientists".

Peter J. Bowler (Evolution: The History of an Idea) states, "... Crick has worked on the problem of the origin of life, and he remains suspicious of the orthodox Theory of chemical evolution.  He argues that the complexity of life is so great that chances of even the simplest structures arising naturally on the primitive earth are too remote."

QuoteYou assert that Dawkins and Sagan "seriously" entertained thoughts about "aliens seeding the earth," but you've provided no evidence to support that assertion. Given your track record of deceit here, unsupported assertions coming from you can be dismissed out of hand.
In an interview with Ben Stein, Dawkins suggested alien-seeding as a serious possibility.  See youtube.

According to Wiki, "Sagan and Shklovskii ... hypothesised that life on earth may have been seeded deliberately by other civilisations."   (Intelligent Life in the Universe, 1966)

QuoteSagan ... "Only a real failure in our ability to explain the origin of life through prebiological organic chemistry on the primitive Earth would point us toward Directed Panspermia. Nothing like such a failure exists today; indeed, my reading of the evidence makes the prospect of understanding the origin of life by indigenous processes quite hopeful."
These are the words of a deluded fool.

QuoteDishonesty is endemic among Creationists and their fellow travellers
It's true that some creationist organisations use quotes taken out of context, although I have found that Catholic creationist websites are more professional and reliable.

QuoteFlew ... "I now realize that I have made a fool of myself by believing that there were no presentable theories of the development of inanimate matter up to the first living creature capable of reproduction."
These are the words of a deluded fool.

QuoteSomebody is "out of their depth and clueless," Dredge, but it is not the scientists who are investigating hypotheses of abiogenesis.
Abiogenesis is useless, futile junk-science for space cadets, and therefore offers nothing to lovers of true science.

Dredge

Quote from: Firebird on January 28, 2017, 04:36:21 AMThat's tired old bullshit that is repeated ad nauseum by ill-informed religious people. Really, Communism elbowed aside religion mostly so they could take its place as the opiate of the masses, not because they were "militant atheists".
Elbowed aside?  Oh, it that all?  Tell that to the thousands of Russian Orthodox priests and laymen whom the Bolsheviks either executed, tortured or sent to rot, starve and freeze to death in the gulags of Siberia. 

QuoteDo you have a single original thought in your head?
My "sea horse = land horse larvae" hypothesis was an original idea.  So was my hypothosis that mosquitoes want my special blood in order that their offspring might evolve to a higher level.  These are sound, original scientificalistic thoughts that deserve further investigation ... and respect.

I am also working on an original idea that could revolutionise house-work form womans ... a machine that sucks in air that can be used to suck up dust as well - off of floors, for example.  The same principle could be used to clean the bottom of swimming pools - I would call such a machine, a "Dredge-o-matic".

Your posts contain regurgiatated inaccuracies and nothing remotely original. Heard it all before, unfortunately.   Give me something original and I will let you be my friend for one week.

xSilverPhinx

Catholics usually travel in flocks, where there's one there must be more. Where are the rest, Dredge?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dredge on January 31, 2017, 01:00:54 AM
Quote from: Firebird on January 28, 2017, 04:36:21 AMThat's tired old bullshit that is repeated ad nauseum by ill-informed religious people. Really, Communism elbowed aside religion mostly so they could take its place as the opiate of the masses, not because they were "militant atheists".
Elbowed aside?  Oh, it that all?  Tell that to the thousands of Russian Orthodox priests and laymen whom the Bolsheviks either executed, tortured or sent to rot, starve and freeze to death in the gulags of Siberia. 

You're being nitpicky here, Dredge. Firebird is right, even if you don't agree with his choice of words.

QuoteDo you have a single original thought in your head?
My "sea horse = land horse larvae" hypothesis was an original idea.  So was my hypothosis that mosquitoes want my special blood in order that their offspring might evolve to a higher level.  These are sound, original scientificalistic thoughts that deserve further investigation ... and respect.

Not scientific, just boring and stupid.

QuoteI am also working on an original idea that could revolutionise house-work form womans ... a machine that sucks in air that can be used to suck up dust as well - off of floors, for example.  The same principle could be used to clean the bottom of swimming pools - I would call such a machine, a "Dredge-o-matic".

Boring.

QuoteYour posts contain regurgiatated inaccuracies and nothing remotely original. Heard it all before, unfortunately.   Give me something original and I will let you be my friend for one week.

Yet you don't adequately address his points, just ramble on about "elbowed aside" and come up with ludicrous ideas.

Arturo

I can tell from here this guy is trolling.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱