News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

According to Dredge: Abiogenesis is Magic

Started by Dredge, December 30, 2016, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredge

Quote from: Magdalena on January 15, 2017, 04:38:09 AM

Does it make you feel happy that your god will punish me?
No, not at all.  Don't be silly.  I hope everuone gets to heaven eventually.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Firebird

Quote from: Dredge on January 15, 2017, 04:20:18 AM

Once on land, the foal goes about finding its mother (using a combination of smell and horse-horse radar) and the rest is history. 
My apitude for science should be manifestly obvious to you by now.  Science is my calling.

OK, now I know you're trolling. At least I hope so, the alternative is too scary.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Dredge on January 15, 2017, 05:06:33 AM

OK. In that case, me too.
This is what heaven looks like to me...
Quote from: Tom62 on January 14, 2017, 06:14:27 PM

What does heaven look like to you?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Firebird on January 15, 2017, 05:41:37 AM

Once on land, the foal goes about finding its mother (using a combination of smell and horse-horse radar) and the rest is history. 
My apitude for science should be manifestly obvious to you by now.  Science is my calling.

OK, now I know you're trolling. At least I hope so, the alternative is too scary.

Remember when I said if I went off meds, you would regret making me the monster I'd become? Well Dredge is what I'd become.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

This guy is just a wind-up troll.

Not even funny anymore.

Bin job!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Dredge on January 15, 2017, 03:34:28 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 12, 2017, 04:47:22 AM
Why would anyone want to worship dark energy!?
Millions of atheists already worship science and evolution, so why not?  But it would make more sense to worship the Being who created dark energy.

Dredge

This is trolling.

"Millions of atheists already worship science and evolution, so why not?"

This is a warning.
Stop trolling or you will get banned.

Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 12, 2017, 01:18:51 AM
Quote from: Dredge on January 11, 2017, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 11, 2017, 03:14:56 PM
How about that?
I don't like this moving scorpion thing.  It scares me.

It seems you find science scary as well. ;)
I love science.  When I grow up, I want to be a scientist and wear a bow-tie and smoke a pipe and grow a beard. 

I already have a theory (or is it an hypothesis?) about horses that I want to investigate:  It is my considered opinion that sea-horses are actually (land) horse larvae.  Horses normally stick to the land, but to breed, a boy horse and a girl horse go into the sea (probably during the night) to breed.  The girl horse produces an egg and the boy horse fertilizes it.  After a while the fertilized egg developes into a larvae, which we know as a sea-horse.  It grows and grows and grows and eventually becomes a little land horse (a foal), at which point, it walks (or possibly gallops) out of the sea (probably at night, as no one seems to have ever witnessed a foal emerging from the sea). 

Was that meant to be funny?  :boring:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 15, 2017, 01:48:37 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 12, 2017, 01:18:51 AM
Quote from: Dredge on January 11, 2017, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 11, 2017, 03:14:56 PM
How about that?
I don't like this moving scorpion thing.  It scares me.

It seems you find science scary as well. ;)
I love science.  When I grow up, I want to be a scientist and wear a bow-tie and smoke a pipe and grow a beard. 

I already have a theory (or is it an hypothesis?) about horses that I want to investigate:  It is my considered opinion that sea-horses are actually (land) horse larvae.  Horses normally stick to the land, but to breed, a boy horse and a girl horse go into the sea (probably during the night) to breed.  The girl horse produces an egg and the boy horse fertilizes it.  After a while the fertilized egg developes into a larvae, which we know as a sea-horse.  It grows and grows and grows and eventually becomes a little land horse (a foal), at which point, it walks (or possibly gallops) out of the sea (probably at night, as no one seems to have ever witnessed a foal emerging from the sea). 

Was that meant to be funny?  :boring:

No, just trollish.   :zombie:

Dave

There once was a troll called Dredge,
Who stood on a precarious ledge,
Then Tank said,"That's it,
You're just talking shit,"
And pushed him over the edge.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dredge on January 15, 2017, 05:06:33 AM

If there is a heaven and hell, I think I'd prefer the latter...I'll let the well respected Philosopher Mr. Jim Jeffries explain it.

...as Jim describes in the video the point were he has died and arrived in heaven and he's meeting all of his dead relatives, "Hello Grandpa, Hello Nanna, Hello Uncle who used to touch me when I was little". "How did you get up here"? Oh, that's right, you worked for the church".
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on January 15, 2017, 05:38:50 PM
There once was a troll called Dredge,
Who stood on a precarious ledge,
Then Tank said,"That's it,
You're just talking shit,"
And pushed him over the edge.

:mb lol:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

I guess that's it. Not much of anything and nothing new.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dredge

History is littered with great minds and great thoughts that went unappreciated and even laughed at and scorned.  My horse larvae theory is no more incredible that whale evolution.  I fully expect that one day my theory will be accepted as fact.

Dredge

Quote from: Magdalena on January 15, 2017, 05:57:45 AM

What does heaven look like to you?
No aging, nor death, nor sickness, nor ugliness.  Golf balls don't sink sink, they float.  If you crash your motorcycle, you don't get hurt.  If you go surfing, no shark will bite you.   There are no biting insects such as fleas and mosquitoes.  There is no separation between God and man, as there is now.

The Bible says no man can imagine what God has in store for those who love him.  Can't wait!

Dredge

Quote from: Apathy on January 15, 2017, 07:07:42 AM

Remember when I said if I went off meds, you would regret making me the monster I'd become? Well Dredge is what I'd become.
Envy is ugly.  It's not my faullt that I am brilliant at science, you know.