News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

I'm not only an atheist, but also skeptic right? I don't believe in gods, anything spiritual or supernatural like ghosts or demons. I don't believe in astrology or karma or any of that reiki, holistic bullshit!
Lately however. I can't help but believe that some evil, mother-fuckking force of major fuckery is messing with my life!

Late August I get in a car accident, fortunately I'm not injured, but my car is totaled. About a week or two after I get a new car I'm rear-ended again and sustain some minor fender damage (Not injured).

A week before Christmas we had our office Christmas luncheon...while on my way there during a minor snow storm, and while driving on the freeway a semi-truck pulling a 53' trailer dumps all of the snow and ice from the top off his trailer onto the top of my hood and windshield. I have to slam on my brake as I am completely blinded. Luckily as I slid to a stop no one else ran into me. I have to get out of my car and wipe the snow off my windshield just so I can see enough to pull over to the side. It sounded like a load of bricks had landed on my car, and I was sure my windshield was cracked, and my hood was dented. Fortunately no cracks or dents, but I lost my passenger side windshield wiper (Both had been knocked off the car by the impact, but I only found one, which meant as I drove I had to endure the scratching sound of the metal hook on the glass)
Front of the car was covered with blue de-icing fluid that they must have sprayed all over the top of the truck's trailer, some of which got on my clothes as I was wiping all of the snow and ice off my car.

Last Saturday I'm driving my wife's newer car on the freeway with her and my son in the car with me. We are on our way to my sister's house for a belated Christmas party when another car suddenly just sideswipes us!
I am in the left lane and can only move over slightly as there is snow piled up against the retaining wall, and I can't stop suddenly as there is a line of cars behind me.

I move over and slow down as much as I can while frantically beeping my horn, but not before she collides with our sideview mirror and scrapes the passenger door and front corner panel.
We were doing about 65MPH when this happened, and it scared the hell out of all of us. To top it off, after this women nearly kills us she just continues driving as if nothing happened. I pull up along side her and try to get her attention, beeping my horn, waving and cussing at her, but she doesn't even look over at us!
So my son takes some pictures of her car as we drive along side and behind her, to include one with her license plate and then we pull over and call the police.
Our side-view mirror is completely gone, and there are nice long scrapes along the side of the car!
State Police come out, take my statement along with information on the other car.
The reporting office called me later that day to tell me he was able to track down the other driver and her car. She tried to claim that I merged into her, but fortunately I had two witnesses in my car, plus she never called the police herself to report an accident.
I got a copy of the police report the other day and it completely backs up my version of events.
Wife's car got fixed yesterday, the damages were about $500.00 USD. They had to replace the mirror obviously, but fortunately the car only had to be polished to remove the paint scrapes, and didn't need to be repainted.
How much you want to bet that my insurance rates go up? (Even though none of the accidents were my fault)

To top all of this crap off, I recently had to switch jobs. I was with my previous employer for 13 years, but they ended up canceling their contract with our biggest client a year early.  The one client I did 90 percent of my work with at the firm.
Fortunately our former client was still in need of my services, so another company who took over our firms responsibilities hired me to continue doing the same work I was doing.
Tough part was having to transition everything to switch over at the beginning of the new year, which is why I have been absent so much from HAF in the last few weeks, as I've been putting in a lot of hours, especially during the holiday break to direct this transition.
Plus, I'm now assuming two new customers (Ford and FCA) at the end of the first quarter of this year, so I've had to start training to assume those responsibilities.

On December 22nd I celebrated four years of sobriety, and I have to tell you that in those four years I haven't once considered drinking, except for last Saturday evening. I had just gotten off the phone filing the claim with the insurance company, and I was thinking of how lucky I was that none of the accidents I've had lately have resulted in any injuries, especially the latest one with both my son and wife in the car with me.
I opened our refrigerator and noticed a couple bottles of beer my son had in the fridge, and came really close to just grabbing one, but didn't want to throw away four years of sobriety.
So I just stood there with the door open staring, when my son walked in the kitchen. I don't know if he sensed something, but he put his arm around me, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and said, "I love you dad", you okay?

I looked at him and said, "Yes I was fine, just thirsty and that I loved him too".

He said, "C'mon, let's go get a coffee, I'm buying".

So we left and went to get coffee at a local shop...I have tears in my eyes as I compose this, just thinking of him, his support and love.

I'm a really lucky man I suppose, despite all of the bad luck I've had recently.

Something to think about isn't it?

P.S. I'm writing this as I sit in the waiting room at the car dealership. My car has no heat, been freezing my ass off the last two weeks as this is the first chance I've had to bring the car in to get fixed.

Fucking grumpy indeed!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

Damn Bruno, it's almost like something does not want you to have a working vehicle.

Your son seems like a very kind and intuitive person, I think you should keep him.  ;)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Yup, Bru, shit job on the car front (and rear, and side) but staying on the wagon and a luvin' son is gold stuff!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Thank you for sharing, Bruno. You have a wonderful son.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno link=topic=b10438.msg367380#msg367380 date=1515859781I can't help but believe that some evil, mother-fuckking force of major fuckery is messing with my life!
Right now this is Trump in my life.

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 13, 2018, 04:09:41 PM
I opened our refrigerator and noticed a couple bottles of beer my son had in the fridge, and came really close to just grabbing one, but didn't want to throw away four years of sobriety.
So I just stood there with the door open staring, when my son walked in the kitchen. I don't know if he sensed something, but he put his arm around me, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and said, "I love you dad", you okay?

I looked at him and said, "Yes I was fine, just thirsty and that I loved him too".

So we left and went to get coffee at a local shop...I have tears in my eyes as I compose this, just thinking of him, his support and love.
:cryandrun:
That's so beautiful...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on January 14, 2018, 06:45:41 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 13, 2018, 04:09:41 PM

:cryandrun:
That's so beautiful...

It is :cryandrun:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Got a dentist appointment tomorrow morning at 07:30. I'm definitively not looking forward to it, because it includes pulling a couple of teeth and some root canal work :(.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on January 14, 2018, 08:13:11 PM
Got a dentist appointment tomorrow morning at 07:30. I'm definitively not looking forward to it, because it includes pulling a couple of teeth and some root canal work :(.
You'll just have to grin and bear it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on January 14, 2018, 08:24:55 PM
You'll just have to grin and bear it.
And afterwards ask'em for the good drugs!   :whirly:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on January 13, 2018, 06:10:22 PM
Damn Bruno, it's almost like something does not want you to have a working vehicle.

Your son seems like a very kind and intuitive person, I think you should keep him.  ;)

Thanks Buddy, and yeah we'll keep em' ;D

Also, he is single and available if anyone is interested...22 years old, and quite handsome (We call him Papasito-ito  8))

Thanks to everyone else here for your kind remarks...you're a grand bunch! (Nice to have a place like this where one can open up so completely with our thoughts and feelings,...helps at times to process emotions and all that other gunk)

I like to eat a mixture of raw garlic and beets prior to going to the dentist...might as well make them suffer as well!

Good luck Tom!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 14, 2018, 09:58:48 PM
Also, he is single and available if anyone is interested...22 years old, and quite handsome (We call him Papasito-ito  8))
Papacito-ito.
:picard facepalm:

Thanks to everyone else here for your kind remarks...you're a grand bunch! (Nice to have a place like this where one can open up so completely with our thoughts and feelings,...helps at times to process emotions and all that other gunk)

Totally agree with you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

This is the only forum I am active in, so I can't compare, but I feel the warmth of a very caring community at HAF.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dragonia

Quote from: Magdalena on January 15, 2018, 04:42:33 AM
Papacito-ito.
:picard facepalm:

:rofl:

Papasito, I agree, your boy sounds enchantingly wonderful. Ahh, to be 20 years younger and single again, I might have to make me a trip North.  ;)
But he sounds a little like a chip off the ole block.
You, too, have a lot of heart. It's so great to see our offspring show the qualities we always hoped they would pick up. And what an encouragement in rough times.
High five for great kids!  :thumbsup2:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Moved ftom Quotes thread:

Quote from: Icarus on January 16, 2018, 08:02:03 PM
Among events which may occur, those which should be feared are human portents. When careless ploughing causes crops to suffer and those who weed leave weeds behind, when government is reckless and loses the support of the people- the fields unkempt, the crops meager, grain sold dear, and people starving, corpses lying in the road: These are what I mean by human portents.

Xun Quing, Treatise on heaven, Third century BC

To the above one could add a current event in the UK (just as the current example of incomptence in private and public governance):

"... when governments continue to give huge contracts to a vast private organisation, employing 20 000 people and thousands more in sub contractors, working in the public field, after that organisation had posted profit warnings and changed its rules so that the sharehooders still got their cadh and the directors their bonuses, and the CEO continues to draw his salary as a goodrn handshake as the organisation crashes into bankrupcy..."

I am so sick of these people and the fucking politicians and toothless civil servants who continue to pour public money into the sewers they are!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74