News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 27, 2018, 06:35:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 27, 2018, 03:29:49 PM
Earworm.

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for something.

Which version is in your head?

I didn't even know there is more than one version. :notsure:

This one:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

I too have wondered about the absence of Mags and Bruno.  Both of them are sorely missed and I do hope that Mags can find happiness in whatever world she lives.   I admired her considerably.  I'd like her to know that.   If not, at least I know that.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2018, 01:20:33 AM
Earworm.

Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas,

This one:

Marilyn Manson did a cover that I like better than the original. They are both good songs though.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: Icarus on June 28, 2018, 02:18:58 AM
I too have wondered about the absence of Mags and Bruno.  Both of them are sorely missed and I do hope that Mags can find happiness in whatever world she lives.   I admired her considerably.  I'd like her to know that.   If not, at least I know that.

I hope she's okay. I really liked Mags.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2018, 01:20:33 AM
Earworm.

Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas,

This one:

Sounds like a remix of the original.

Some other versions I like:

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Deidre32

Working from home tomorrow. Yay! ^_^
Every silver lining, has a cloud.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Deidre32

Quote from: Tank on June 28, 2018, 07:43:08 PM
Quote from: Deidre32 on June 28, 2018, 06:21:51 PM
Working from home tomorrow. Yay! ^_^
What do you do?

I work in marketing/advertising.

What's on my mind, now...that horrible shooting. I watched the news earlier, and I can't believe it. It's becoming the norm now, to see mass shootings every other month. :(

Deidre32

Finally, it's Friday. Long week was long.  ::)

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bluenose

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 29, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
The Brits are selling us some boats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44649959

Yes, but they're going to be built by ASC (formerly the Australian Submarine Corporation) in Adelaide, so they'll take twice as long as planned and will cost at least twice as much as initially thought and will have enormous teething troubles.  But hey...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Off to Liverpool for Fri, Sat & Sun. Going to see the Terracotta Worriers among other things.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: jumbojak on June 28, 2018, 03:18:18 AM
Quote from: Icarus on June 28, 2018, 02:18:58 AM

I hope she's okay. I really liked Mags.

She responded to a PM I sent and said "if you act like my enemy, you become my enemy."  I don't think it was directed at me, as my interactions with her were lighthearted.  I'm puzzled what she meant, and she hasn't responded again. It's disappointing - I liked her, too.

Harmonie

My cousin who really never knows how to constrain what he says on FB has recently become an atheist. I'm getting a lot of second-hand embarrassment over here. I'm not out, and never intend to be, so it should be interesting to see how if ever any of my family members respond to this (unlikely) or at least how they mention him in conversation. The problem is, if there was ever any example of atheism that would help them see that atheists aren't so bad, it's not going to be the route he's taking, because he is just so heavy-handed and never knows what is appropriate or not to say, and when to say it or not say it. He already has that reputation, even with things that family pretty much universally agrees on, like disliking Trump.

As I said, I'm just getting major second-hand embarrassment watching him make post after post about it. *sigh*

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Icarus

Please relax Harmonie.  You are not responsible for the behavior of other people, particularly not a relative as distant as a  cousin.  Your other relatives will pass their judgement as their faith requires.  Meanwhile do play the Oboe or other woodwinds and make the  beautiful music that you love and so many of us appreciate.