News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

For real or satire? What do you think?

Started by xSilverPhinx, January 26, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I'm guessing it's a good satirical act. People really just can't be this stupid.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

I vote for satire...at first I thought it could be real. But as she talked more, my thought was, no way.
If it was real, why would she have made this video? It's pointless, except to showcase her stupidity.  ::)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on January 26, 2018, 12:36:54 PM
I vote for satire...at first I thought it could be real. But as she talked more, my thought was, no way.
If it was real, why would she have made this video? It's pointless, except to showcase her stupidity.  ::)

Yeah I thought that too, but the stupid are not as aware of their stupidity and people can have odd motives at times. :lol:

No one

Aregentum:
People really just can't be this stupid.

Really? Have you heard of creationists?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on January 26, 2018, 12:53:41 PM
Aregentum:
People really just can't be this stupid.

Really? Have you heard of creationists?

I refuse to believe in creationists. :P

Dave

If it is a satire she is certainly a good actress for a person who looks like an eatly teen at most. I listdned to her intonation and wstched her face as dge ssud good bye a few times. The uplift in her intonation seemed to inducate tgat she was moving onto surer ground - she can handle the concept of "Bye".  Or, it could indicate relief of getting rid of the burden of putting on the act. Hmm...

Her expression, however, barely changes at the end, if satire I might expect a tiny flicker of a smile in one apparently so young - thinking she had pulled the joke off. Joe might know better but I am guessing it takes some training and experience to carry a character right up to the "Cut!" Would a trained actress use this as an item for her portfolio? Is Youtube a good vehicle?

America is a tad more self-centered than most countries, in the land of the dollar I can understand her not knowing about the currencies of other countries - even the BBC World Service quotes prices in dollars! I have met young people so centered on one specific thing (horses in one case) that nothing else is worth even considering. The horsey one became a building site labourer, happy so long as dhe could keep her horse.

Edging towards thinking she is that thick.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

I think it's real.
You can see 8 books in the background, maybe one is a bible,so that one doesn't count, one of those 7 books taught her that England is closer to Jupiter in the solar system and this might affect its gravity.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

This kid is a comedian Commediene.  She has numerous you tube postings.  Here is one that suggests that she has budding acting talent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-SwRvqn9E

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Ecurb Noselrub

Glad we cleared that up, as I was beginning to think that American education is even worse than I thought.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 28, 2018, 04:44:06 PM
Glad we cleared that up, as I was beginning to think that American education is even worse than I thought.

There's always a thicko in even good (non-selective) schools.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 26, 2018, 10:23:11 PM
This kid is a comedian Commediene.  She has numerous you tube postings.  Here is one that suggests that she has budding acting talent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-SwRvqn9E

Yes she does! :lol: