News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Dr. Jeffrey Long's two cents on consciousness surviving death:

Started by manga, April 26, 2017, 11:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: manga on April 27, 2017, 11:44:09 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 27, 2017, 11:23:10 PM
Quote from: manga on April 27, 2017, 10:58:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 27, 2017, 10:42:29 PM
Quote from: manga on April 27, 2017, 09:47:29 PM

Ok, I'm 15,
Wow! 15? Really? You're 15 years old!?

yes

ok, that doesn't change anything
In my world it does.

The reason I don't believe you is because I have a son one year younger than you. If there's one thing I've learned is that expression comes with age. Your vocabulary, your grammar, your ideas are not those of a 14 or 15-year-old boy.

~That's all.
I could be wrong, but, I doubt it.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

Ha, I have a 15 year old son, and he's nowhere close to expressing himself like Manga! However, I have known some deep thinkers that could easily have carried on conversations like this at 15. What convinces me a bit more of Manga's age is the fact that he's stuck on something and it feels like he just wants to argue sometimes, despite the fact that he's been given good, reasonable, well-thought-out responses many times. That's why I thought he was probably young before I even knew his age. Because that's totally a 15 year old thing.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Biggus Dickus

Mags you could be wrong, what if Manga is a 15-year-old girl?  Anyway it wouldn't be the first time you were wrong. Remember the trouble you had opening a juice container?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dragonia

^^^HAHA! That picture actually made me laugh out loud! :clapping:

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on April 28, 2017, 12:55:26 PM
Ha, I have a 15 year old son, and he's nowhere close to expressing himself like Manga!

I agree with you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 28, 2017, 01:57:23 PM
Mags you could be wrong, what if Manga is a 15-year-old girl?  Anyway it wouldn't be the first time you were wrong. Remember the trouble you had opening a juice container?

Yes, I remember that time.  >:( Butt, what about all the times I have been right?  :smug:

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

manga

I'm going to reveal my gender in a few hours. For now everyone can keep guessing :)

Recusant

Let's bring some science into this (since it is posted on the Science board, after all) with a fine comic strip from The Oatmeal:

"Believe"
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on May 04, 2017, 10:40:51 PM
Let's bring some science into this (since it is posted on the Science board, after all) with a fine comic strip from The Oatmeal:

"Believe"

I liked that Recusant, very much...thanks for posting.
:postoday:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dragonia

"Believe"
I liked that too! It's a fun, interesting way to present ideas. 

Sandra Craft

"Believe"

Love that!  A teacher friend of mine has been using it in her classes.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

I once had a friend who, if I challenged her "old wives tale" beliefs, would call me "stupid". When she disagreed with mine she could rarely answer my, "Why do you say that...?"

She hated to be proved wrong. As in "microwaves heat from the inside out". Zapping a very frozen ice-cream slab proved that.

She would probably not have even understood the logic of that, Recusant.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74