News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

do you believe in GHOSTS

Started by Asmodean Prime, July 11, 2006, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

Hey, what is this?  Just before I scuttled off to work the other day, I expressed my surprise that I was now considered a 'hero member' on this forum.  Now, upon returning, I find that I am classed as a 'HAF addict'

I think maybe that you lot are easily impressed, do you hear me, laetus?

seriously, though, I am a bit flattered concerning my new-found position.

Am I a sad person, or what?  

that is a trick question.

Court

Onlyme, it automatically does that once you post a certain number of posts.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

The title change is just the ranks system, most forums use something similar and it is based on post count.

Here is how this forum does ranks:  http://www.happyatheistforum.com/ranks.php

Big Mac

ohhh look at me, I'm Miss Admin, I burst people's bubbles.....OOOOOOHHH :P You kjnow I love ya.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

MommaSquid

Thanks for sharing Laetusatheos.  The Troll for Christ is really cute!

SpiralExit

No, I don't.

bmxrider724

Quote from: "Big Mac"I don't believe in ghosts, however there are plenty of weird things that can't be explained. Some have been proven to be hoaxes, others have been Unsolved Mysteries (which was a really kick ass show). I think that aliens exist considering the massive size in the Universe, but I doubt they would want to visit Earth. I mean if you perfected Inter-stellar/galatic travel, would you want to visit a planet that has primitive warlike people who kill each other over resources instead of using civilized diplomacy? I sure the fuck wouldn't.

as humans we study beings which are not as advanced as us, i would say we study animals for better understanding of them and just for fun, what if the aliens were just in a feild trip to earth?

Big Mac

For what? It's not like we hold some kind of special secret they don't know about. We're violent, meme accepting, Jesus loving, shit nuts creatures. What do you gain from studying that?

bmxrider724

you gain knowledge of other life. all the time you learn about things that arent relavent to you at the time. its about the whole quest for knowledge. if you choose not to look for knowledge thats your choice. but many people study things not as advanced as us. we study animals different organisms. plus its just fun to know about that kind of stuff. who knows why the aliens, if there are any, are coming to earth.

Whitney

I prefer not to speculate on the intentions of visiting extraterrestrial life until the existence of such visitors are known.

Big Mac

Good point there.

bmxrider724

i agree. but if you thinks its fun to debate(like i think it is) i would debate about anything, including wether you can ever get to "anywhere". i debated that for atleast a half and hour with my brother once, quite fun. i am starting to think more open minded which is good, i will belive it, untill its proven false or if i want to. because basicly theres faith, then theres knowledge and i have a little of both, without faith i coudnt belive in a god, i coudnt. if i needed abselute proof i would be waiting for eternity, literaly. little bit of a tangent but thats the way i think, get over it!

Tom62

I try to avoid debates that are pointless. They just take up time and you waste a lot of energy for nothing. Furthermore I can only have faith in things that make sense and for which there is valid proof, all the rest is superstition.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

McQ

Ghosts....aliens....Santa....Easter Bunny....Irish Virgins....all in the same category of non-existent things.
 8)
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

JNTB

One show that used to send shivers up my spine was "In Search of..." with Leonard Nimoy narrating. That was back when I was about 10-14 years old. His voice lends authenticity to the subject. Even though Spock was an entirely fictional character, Spock was always the source of wisdom and logic, so pairing Leonard Nimoy's voice with the subject matter on that show was brilliant.

I used to believe that ghosts existed, but I no longer do. I have had my own paranormal experiences in the form of strong premonitions that have come true. Those experiences tend to leave me very shaken. Does that make me believe in ghosts? No, actually it makes me discount ghosts. I tend to think that there is something about our existence that allows us to see other things, perhaps in space and time, that occurred in the past or are about to occur. To say that another person or object from another space/time is intentionally interacting with us, such as a ghost? Absolutely not.
Religion is a pyramid scheme with 501(c)(3) tax-free status.