News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hi everyone

Started by Meghatron, December 03, 2010, 09:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meghatron

Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say how happy I am to have found this forum. I guess I feel out of place every place I find myself. My parents attempted to raise me catholic. I have always been pretty inquisitive and always want to know why. When I was in 5th grade I remember asking what happened to that sheep they cloned when it died. I was a child taught all of gods creatures go to haven and yadda yadda yadda… so I wanted to know if this sheep was going to hell because god didn’t create it, but he created people and we created the sheep. Then I was thinking about human cloning the answers I got were just weird to me. When I was about 16 my beliefs were mainly based on fear. I thought if I do believe and there is no god then that’s ok when I die, but if I don’t believe and there is a god…well I’m in trouble, so I might as well go along with it. Then I realized if there is this god as powerful as I was told then he/she should be able to know my thoughts and that I  not sincere… so I’m still in trouble. I was taught that there were only people that believed in god and devil worshipers.  I was probably 19 before I admitted to myself I was an atheist. I didn’t tell anyone until about 3 years ago, but now I’ll tell anyone who asks…and I wish random strangers in public would not tell me about their religion unless I ask…and I never will lol!!! Now I'm 26 and wish there were more atheist,freethinkers, humanists ect. around me!!
what a coincidence I was just thinking how stupid you are!!

"Let's stop praying for someone to save us and start saving ourselves
Let's stop this and start over
Let's go out - let's keep going
This is your life - this is your ******* life"
KMFDM

McQ

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the introduction. We have lots of female members here, and the owner/creator of the forum is female. You're in good company, so jump in and have fun!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Meghatron.

In the middle of the US, I agree that a freethinking sort can feel isolated.  We in the age of the webz are lucky, in that the psychic isolation can be remedied a bit through online communities like this one.  In fact I've heard theists complaining on more than one occasion that there are too many atheists on the net, or in the case of US based Christians, gloating online that, "Sure, you may have a strong presence here, but in the real world, you're nothing!" :cool:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Meghatron

Thank you both. Recusan-I see a lot of people like us on the internet, but a lot of forums turn into freakin debates with christains or they join a non-christian site just to talk crap. I love that I don't see that here or they get blocked. However..I will miss being told I'm going to "hell" all the time...or I worship the "devil" lol!! Sometime it's just funny.

KMFDM

Ihateyoumike

Well, if you're posting on this site, then you are going to hell you dirty devil worshiper. ;)  
Welcome aboard!
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Meghatron

Ihateyoumike
Sweet!!! Do you promsie? I've always wanted to go to hell!!! I am a horrible person...just yesterday I said the F word like 30 times and had atleast 200 impure thoughts before lunch!! Do you think that's good enough or should I start some rituals?

KMFDM

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Joey

HEY! welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Meghatron

Quote from: "Joey"HEY! welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy your stay here ;)

KMFDM

i_am_i

I don't do welcomes.

Aw, damn.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Tank

Quote from: "Meghatron"Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say how happy I am to have found this forum. I guess I feel out of place every place I find myself. My parents attempted to raise me catholic. I have always been pretty inquisitive and always want to know why. When I was in 5th grade I remember asking what happened to that sheep they cloned when it died. I was a child taught all of gods creatures go to haven and yadda yadda yadda… so I wanted to know if this sheep was going to hell because god didn’t create it, but he created people and we created the sheep. Then I was thinking about human cloning the answers I got were just weird to me. When I was about 16 my beliefs were mainly based on fear. I thought if I do believe and there is no god then that’s ok when I die, but if I don’t believe and there is a god…well I’m in trouble, so I might as well go along with it. Then I realized if there is this god as powerful as I was told then he/she should be able to know my thoughts and that I  not sincere… so I’m still in trouble. I was taught that there were only people that believed in god and devil worshipers.  I was probably 19 before I admitted to myself I was an atheist. I didn’t tell anyone until about 3 years ago, but now I’ll tell anyone who asks…and I wish random strangers in public would not tell me about their religion unless I ask…and I never will :D

Welcome aboard, I've been away for a couple of weeks an I'm playing catch up on my greeting duties!

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

legs laney

only 200 impure thoughts?
i'll have to check the handbook and see if that meets the qualifying amount needed to post here.   ;)
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."
- Autobio

terranus

QuoteNow I'm 26 and wish there were more atheist,freethinkers, humanists ect. around me!!

Me and you both. But then, I guess thats what I get for shopping at Walmart and living in the Bible Belt. :brick:

Bonvenon al la forumo!
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--