News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

American Politics for a naive Limy.

Started by Tank, June 20, 2010, 09:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "KDbeads"
Quote from: "Businessocks"Now the Tea Bag movement, that is the opposite of a Liberal, I think.
Unfortunately I think you are right on that one.  The tea baggers I've met are seriously ill-informed on the issues, lack enough knowledge to grasp certain concepts and in general really have no clue how to behave as human beings.  But these are the ones I've met, might be different elsewhere.

Some of them are intelligent, disillusioned conservatives, but the general embrace given Sarah Palin indicates that critical thinking is not the strong suit of the majority of members.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

KDbeads

Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "KDbeads"The tea baggers I've met are seriously ill-informed on the issues, lack enough knowledge to grasp certain concepts and in general really have no clue how to behave as human beings.  But these are the ones I've met, might be different elsewhere.

Really? The ones I've met (I'm not a tea bag party member but there are A  TON in Austin) have been a little eccentric but they know the political scene inside and out. It's like people who study celebs except these guys have an amazing amount of knowledge of politics. Aside from the assumption they're all angry (the ones I met were very calm but determined in their views) they were actually cheerful folks who want their voices to be heard. I don't disagree with some of their views. I would like to see a much smaller federal government that doesn't meddle with my affairs like a nosy nanny.

Most of the people out here aren't that educated, there are a large amount of people preparing right now for the end of the world, new world order, thing.  (would you like to know how many times I've been offered that conspiracy dvd on bilderback?)  There are quite a few that honestly think the government being run by the mideast, hence why they want to be tea baggers so they can rid the government of the imposters.  Another set that honestly thinks like Palin and want bible law instated instead of what there is now, claiming it will reduce government influence on their lives, most of those I have to say are women.... apparently they don't know their biblical law.....

Again, that's just here in the back waters, I doubt every place is like this  :D
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Big Mac

Quote from: "KDbeads"
Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "KDbeads"The tea baggers I've met are seriously ill-informed on the issues, lack enough knowledge to grasp certain concepts and in general really have no clue how to behave as human beings.  But these are the ones I've met, might be different elsewhere.

Really? The ones I've met (I'm not a tea bag party member but there are A  TON in Austin) have been a little eccentric but they know the political scene inside and out. It's like people who study celebs except these guys have an amazing amount of knowledge of politics. Aside from the assumption they're all angry (the ones I met were very calm but determined in their views) they were actually cheerful folks who want their voices to be heard. I don't disagree with some of their views. I would like to see a much smaller federal government that doesn't meddle with my affairs like a nosy nanny.

Most of the people out here aren't that educated, there are a large amount of people preparing right now for the end of the world, new world order, thing.  (would you like to know how many times I've been offered that conspiracy dvd on bilderback?)  There are quite a few that honestly think the government being run by the mideast, hence why they want to be tea baggers so they can rid the government of the imposters.  Another set that honestly thinks like Palin and want bible law instated instead of what there is now, claiming it will reduce government influence on their lives, most of those I have to say are women.... apparently they don't know their biblical law.....

Again, that's just here in the back waters, I doubt every place is like this  :D

I've run into those morons as well. The Alex Jones retards who go on and on about chemtrails (these idiots think that contrails are this evil poisonous gas being pumped into the sky by the evil NWO boogie man). Frankly I can't stand those types. They say some of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

I'm a survivalist type myself. But it's for social upheaval and disaster preparedness really. That and I like the idea of reducing my environmental damage by experimenting with solar/crank power devices to see how I can save money on electricity and be more green.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

KDbeads

Quote from: "Big Mac"I've run into those morons as well. The Alex Jones retards who go on and on about chemtrails (these idiots think that contrails are this evil poisonous gas being pumped into the sky by the evil NWO boogie man). Frankly I can't stand those types. They say some of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
yeah.... this one is one of my favorites...
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/just_ ... ms/#181232
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

This thread has taken on a very interesting life of its own  :pop:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

KDbeads

Yeah, but people like the crazy loon in the video above actually VOTE...........

Big Mac

Quote from: "KDbeads"Yeah, but people like the crazy loon in the video above actually VOTE...........

That's the most frustrating part. They are so bloody stupid they don't deserve the right to vote.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?