News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The Trump - Kim Jong-un Chat Thread

Started by Dave, June 12, 2018, 05:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Davin on June 14, 2018, 02:31:53 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 13, 2018, 11:35:49 PM
I don't really have a problem with talking to people. We talked with lots of bad people. I suppose we gave them all "legitimacy."  But nothing we did before with NK worked - they ended up with nukes irrespective of our desires.  Obama opened up to Cuba, Trump opened up to NK.  What will happen?  As the great Buddhist philosopher said: "we'll see."  As long as people aren't lobbing nukes at us, I'm at least OK.   I'm no fan of Trump and did not and will not vote for him.  But I can't generate too much anger or angst about the fact that he spoke with a ruthless dictator and signed a meaningless communique.  If two people are talking, at least they probably won't be trying to kill each other in the near future.
Yeah, that's not the part I disagree with. It's the concessions Trump made. With Cuba, we got agreements for trade and tourism. For NK, we got nothing and gave up the joint military exercises that both the NK and Putin wanted.

True.  What the long term holds is very unclear now.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 14, 2018, 08:29:43 PM
Quote from: Davin on June 14, 2018, 02:31:53 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 13, 2018, 11:35:49 PM
I don't really have a problem with talking to people. We talked with lots of bad people. I suppose we gave them all "legitimacy."  But nothing we did before with NK worked - they ended up with nukes irrespective of our desires.  Obama opened up to Cuba, Trump opened up to NK.  What will happen?  As the great Buddhist philosopher said: "we'll see."  As long as people aren't lobbing nukes at us, I'm at least OK.   I'm no fan of Trump and did not and will not vote for him.  But I can't generate too much anger or angst about the fact that he spoke with a ruthless dictator and signed a meaningless communique.  If two people are talking, at least they probably won't be trying to kill each other in the near future.
Yeah, that's not the part I disagree with. It's the concessions Trump made. With Cuba, we got agreements for trade and tourism. For NK, we got nothing and gave up the joint military exercises that both the NK and Putin wanted.

True.  What the long term holds is very unclear now.

"Unclear" but hopefully not "nuclear"

:grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74