News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Silly Science (Neanderthals in the News Derail)

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 11, 2019, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2019, 07:54:53 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on November 11, 2019, 07:33:03 PM
when i was a student i broke into one of my professorz officez through the drop ceiling and released six or eight milk bottlez full of various drozophila mutants. red eyes, white eyez, as many kinds as i could. then i zprinkled flightless curly winged mutantz all over his desk and retreated.

i had expected them to stay in there and puzzle him, but inztead they were all sucked into the ventilation syztem, which was shared over five floors of labz and offices.

the next day the entire building was infested with a minor plague of mutant fruit fliez, and the they were all over the doughnuts in the departmental office.

i admitted nothing.

:rofl:

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2019, 06:16:49 PMYeah, I was thinking of splitting the derail into its own space before Recusant saw what had happened to his thread. I was just letting it grow a little, you know, living dangerously. Just a little.  :whistling:

:P

But please, more stories of lab adventures! :tellmemore:

I appreciate the sentiment but derails don't bother me; they're pretty much a tradition at this site by now. Nonetheless thank you for your polite thread split. Carry on!  ;D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on November 11, 2019, 08:33:50 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2019, 06:16:49 PMYeah, I was thinking of splitting the derail into its own space before Recusant saw what had happened to his thread. I was just letting it grow a little, you know, living dangerously. Just a little.  :whistling:

I appreciate the sentiment but derails don't bother me; they're pretty much a tradition at this site by now. Nonetheless thank you for your polite thread split. Carry on!  ;D

Aff Recusant! What a way to quickly turn my thrill-seeking living dangerously into...meh...  :reading:

;) :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2019, 08:45:09 PM
Quote from: Recusant on November 11, 2019, 08:33:50 PM

Aff Recusant! What a way to quickly turn my thrill-seeking living dangerously into...meh...  :reading:

;) :P

:lol:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

when i was a student i broke into one of my professorz officez through the drop ceiling and released six or eight milk bottlez full of various drozophila mutants. red eyes, white eyez, as many kinds as i could. then i zprinkled flightless curly winged mutantz all over his desk and retreated.

i had expected them to stay in there and puzzle him, but inztead they were all sucked into the ventilation syztem, which was shared over five floors of labz and offices.

the next day the entire building was infested with a minor plague of mutant fruit fliez, and the they were all over the doughnuts in the departmental office.

i admitted nothing.

You ruined doughnuts!? You fiend!

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 12, 2019, 02:50:47 AM

i admitted nothing.

You ruined doughnuts!? You fiend!

Funny, but evil.

:lol:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on November 12, 2019, 03:11:50 AM
the drosophila didnt eat very much

Yeah but they probably added an unwanted ingredient to them -- drosophila eggs.  :eeew:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2019, 11:11:05 AM

Yeah but they probably added an unwanted ingredient to them -- drosophila eggs.  :eeew:

Why do you think you evolved with a stomach full of hydrochloric acid?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2019, 12:01:29 PM

Why do you think you evolved with a stomach full of hydrochloric acid?

That's it, I'm probably leaving this thread! :lol: Now I'm wondering if I was meant to eat all sorts of disgusting things... :rainbowpuke:

hermes2015

Flying caviar?
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

xSilverPhinx