News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

For a beginner driver, the general rule is that there is more space there than you think. However, that rule should be applied with caution as "plenty of space" can at speed turn into a "BANG!" in a second or less  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I'm crap at reversing a trailer.
My old trailer was lighter and sometimes I'd get out and bounce it in the right direction.
Alas my newer trailer is heavier and the act of bouncing threatens my innards.
My old trailer is still out the back with grass growing through it, it would look good with an old lounge chair on it.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 11, 2011, 02:44:54 AM
I'm crap at reversing a trailer.
My old trailer was lighter and sometimes I'd get out and bounce it in the right direction.
Alas my newer trailer is heavier and the act of bouncing threatens my innards.
My old trailer is still out the back with grass growing through it, it would look good with an old lounge chair on it.
Asmo's school of driving has some tips for the pudding as well.

Trailers with a long arm are easier to maneuver than those with a short one. Trailers wider than, or of the same width as the car are easier than the tiny ones. High speed and reversing a trailer don't mix well. Remember that left is right and make smallest possible turns and corrections.

;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

squidfetish

reptilian overlord

OldGit

I had a 3ft x 4ft trailer with a short towbar and I never could reverse it.  In an emergency I'd have to unhitch it.  But on a friend's farm I never had any problem  reversing a tractor and large hay trailer down a zig-zag lane and through a gate.

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on December 11, 2011, 02:17:23 PM
I had a 3ft x 4ft trailer with a short towbar and I never could reverse it.
...Because those are just hopeless. Especially with a car, from which you have no chance of seeing the damned thing.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

squidfetish

An evening drinking beer and playing with my new drum machine.  Got a rather ace riff in 15/8 to try and program drums for.  Hmmm......
reptilian overlord

DeterminedJuliet

Last night I taught a Greek, a Palestinian, a New Zealander and a guy from Houston to say "Sláinte" when they drink. It was a lot of fun and I upheld the reputation of Newfoundlanders being able to hold their liquor  ;)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

6 new members today *happy dance*
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Nice to see the sudden activity boost around here. Keeps a grumpy old Asmo happy and occupied.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

According to my PSAT scores, I am in the top 4% highest scores for Critical Reading of sophomores in the United States!!!!!!!  ;D ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 12, 2011, 04:08:03 PM
According to my PSAT scores, I am in the top 4% highest scores for Critical Reading of sophomores in the United States!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

Nice! so your on par with the rest of the world. ;D

Only messin' well done.
Retired member.

Buddy

Quote from: Crow on December 12, 2011, 04:14:16 PM

Nice! so your on par with the rest of the world. ;D

Only messin' well done.

Haha wise guy :P

I need to improve my math scores a little bit, but overall I am happy with my scores. Now I know what to study for when I take the SAT.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Excellent! Well done  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 12, 2011, 05:28:39 PM

Excellent! Well done  ;D

Thank you!