News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

My Intro

Started by bwh27, March 26, 2007, 04:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwh27

Hello And Im Happy to have found this great forum. I come from a family of Christian crackpots. As a matter of fact I am the great great nephew of the man who founded the Gidean Bibles. You know the ones we all find in our hotel rooms? Yes my crazy uncle Sam founded that mess. Myself, since I was a young kid I have been an avid fossil hunter and at thge age of 6 I flat out rejected creation. And have been an avid pro Darwin fan my whole life. As a matter of fact I had to spend every Sunday of my life until I escaped to college at Plainfield Ill. Congregational Church. Just think of all the great NFL games I missed while my mother socialized for 2 hours after chuch was over! What a waste! The whole concept of Christianity needs to be thrown out with the bathwater. Its great to be aboard. We need to un brain wash millions of confused Christians out there. I hope to hear from many of you ASAP. A great place to start promoting our cause is the Yahoo Chat Christian Forums. This place is just full of the mentally insane. These people need pour help. And next time you find a Gidean Bible please flush it down the toilet. Sincerely, BW

Eclecticsaturn

hey, welcome to the board. Quite an interesting backstory with the whole bible story. Anyway, you said:

Quote from: "bwh27"We need to un brain wash millions of confused Christians out there. I hope to hear from many of you ASAP. A great place to start promoting our cause is the Yahoo Chat Christian Forums. This place is just full of the mentally insane. These people need pour help.

well, as for the christians needing our help, ya thats true but ill speak for myself here because im still new so im not sure how everyone else thinks of this. Im not about to go out and purposly impose my (dis)belief on anyone because honestly i would just be a hypacrite. Thats what they do. Now im personally here for a better education and ideas so that i may have discussions if they may occur with fellow religious people (which on an individual basis i hope they "see the light". Pardon the pun, lol.) So that being said count me out of your "our cause" group im here to be in a happy and friendly atmosphere with people who have the same beliefs as me, not conspire against others.

SteveS

Hello and welcome bwh27.  Yikes, Plainfield Illinois is in my backyard.  I live in Lemont.  Honestly, people arguing creation over evolution bugs me much more than them holding personal religious beliefs.  Glad to have another staunch evolutionist around!

Squid

Welcome aboard.

McQ

Welcome, and thanks for sharing the info with us. Also, thanks for all those Bibles I stole from the hotel rooms. J/K.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Hey, welcome to the forum.

Scrybe

Quote from: "bwh27"We need to un brain wash millions of confused Christians out there. I hope to hear from many of you ASAP. A great place to start promoting our cause is the Yahoo Chat Christian Forums. This place is just full of the mentally insane. These people need pour help

Wow.  Quite zealous, aren't we?  (Must run in the family.)  Maybe you should start an organization that puts Dawkin's books in hotel rooms.  But... if Christians are insane, how do you convince them of your case?
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

MommaSquid

Quote from: "bwh27"... As a matter of fact I am the great great nephew of the man who founded the Gidean Bibles. You know the ones we all find in our hotel rooms? Yes my crazy uncle Sam founded that mess.

If you're related to the guy shouldn't you be able to spell Gideon correctly?  

Eh, what do I know.  

Welcome to the forum.     :wink:

SteveS

Quote from: "Scrybe"Maybe you should start an organization that puts Dawkin's books in hotel rooms.
I can think of a great number of reasons why Prof. Dawkins would probably like that idea ($$$$$$).   :lol: