News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Question for Struggling Atheists

Started by xSilverPhinx, January 18, 2012, 03:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

The Asmo on my back! Miracles do happen.

And the coffee is as black as my heart. >D

Thanks Ali. XD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 22, 2012, 04:17:57 PM
The Asmo on my back! Miracles do happen.

And the coffee is as black as my heart. >D

Thanks Ali. XD
He still looks grumpy  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

MUAHAHA! Now, to invade Hal's... Hal.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Davin

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 21, 2012, 09:33:22 AM
Quote from: Ali on January 21, 2012, 01:18:34 AM
It's really bizarre when believers lie for Jesus.  You would think that would be against their religion.  I guess it goes back to what I said about external controls not being very effective.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there some very specific bits about "bearing false witness" in thr God-Damn Bible?
Aye, but for all a Christian's talk about how atheists absolve themselves from the resposibility of our actions, we don't pretend to have the "get out of sin free" card that they believe in. We deal with the consequences of our actions and realise that what we do affects the world and we have to be careful not to do harm because we might not be able to fix it... while a Christian just "repents" in an attempt to shift their resposibility to a figure that likely never existed. A Christian can always do horrible things (like lie), even if it's something their religion says they shouldn't do, because they repent.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

DeterminedJuliet

I just discovered this thread: holy wtfsandwhich. Liar for Jesus indeed.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

DJ - If you want to continue the fun, check out ATTN Any Administrator thread in the Getting to Know You/Introductions area for a double dose of Liar for Jesus insanity.