Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on July 07, 2019, 11:10:29 PM

Like this. There is something odd going on at the base of the tree line on the left of the image though.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2019, 08:11:06 AM
Like this. There is something odd going on at the base of the tree line on the left of the image though.

I also noticed it, but ascribed it to some kind of lens aberration or artefact.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 08, 2019, 10:59:29 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2019, 08:11:06 AM

I also noticed it, but ascribed it to some kind of lens aberration or artefact.

Agreed.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Good photos.

On my screen the white on the Ospreys looks a little grey.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on July 15, 2019, 07:52:01 AM
Good photos.

Shit. I thought I had fixed that.

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on July 15, 2019, 12:53:32 PM
Good photos.

On my monitor the feathers look quite close to white, but with a slight blue cast.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on July 15, 2019, 12:53:32 PM
Good photos.

A few of us at HAF are quite serious about photography, so this got me thinking that we should perhaps try to come up with an unambiguous and cheap way to create a set of colour-matching chips. Here is a possible starting point:

https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Color-Checker/

There is probably an easier way for us to ensure that we photography enthusiasts have identical sets of chips to calibrate our monitors. I know Pantone are presented worldwide, so that may be the way to go. This is their local website.

http://www.pantonesouthafrica.com/
― Charles Eames

Icarus

The osprey has near authentic color cast on my screen.  The white on the head is a good white and the white on the body id slightly darker, tending toward grey,  but only a slight departure from stark white.  The colors were near spot on as compared to the Ospreys that  I see so often.   I suspect that there may be some subtle differences in coloration of that fish hawk, from one habitation area to another.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

jumbojak