News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

A few miscellaneous thoughts about the imminent demise of Big Bang Theory:

Started by Rift Zone, March 19, 2018, 09:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift Zone

Do you know what Erwin Hubble thought of "Hubble Law"?

"It seems likely that redshift may not be due to an expanding Universe, and much of the speculations on the structure of the universe may require re-examination."
-Edwin Hubble, PASP, 1947

He probably got that impression because structures like NGC 7603, NGC 4319, and many others make it very clear gravitation is a contributing factor to redshift. NASA decided to cover up that fact by doctoring images of NGC 4319 to deny that truth rather than adjust theory to accommodate observation [true story... -ridiculously shady!!!].

There is an issue with galactic rotation that BBT addresses by fabricating "dark matter"... Actually, the real issue is the density of the universe has to be a very specific value for the theory to work. The observed density, "Omega", was 2%~3% what it "should" be. So, for BBT to work at all, it simply had to pull a lot of matter and energy straight out of its ass. The galaxy rotation issue gave BBT theorists good reason to fabricate physics because spiral galaxies rotate faster than gravity alone can account for. Plus, it turns out if you fabricate enough "dark matter", pick exactly how and where you distribute it to best accommodate these intellectually dishonest simulations, you can mimic the angular velocity of spiral galaxies reasonably well. They too are shady because their physics doesn't lead to the simulations' starting conditions; they build fantasy then let their equations play with it.]

You should discount BBT in an instant given the simple observation that this universe has more than one force! All BBT knows is gravity. All it thinks about is gravity, the weakest force of them all. And when it's insufficient to explain observation, it just fabricates more gravity to make it all better. Um BBT, how about incorporating known physics into your models? You know, like electromagnetism / plasma physics? This universe is, 99.999+% plasma! Might be wise to include its behavior into our models of the universe!

Observe:
^That's pure plasma physics! ...and those angular momentum values are consistent with galaxy rotation. Dark matter is a blatant lie. It is willful ignorance. It is the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.

BBT is not enlightened, it's inept. Do you know how to determine if theories are worthy? They make predictions that we can then test. BBT has never made an accurate prediction. NEVER! Ever, nada, zip, zilch, none. Is this a surprise to anyone? Do you think you can take the weakest of all forces, pretend it's the only force, build a "universe" with it, then assume you're gonna have a perfectly accurate picture? I should hope not. What I love best about BBT is how it cannot explain accretion discs at all, yet assumes them in their models because their so ubiquitous in the universe. They're ubiquitous because they're a plasma physics phenomenon! Solar systems, spiral galaxies, all of the universe's accretion discs are actually against the laws of physics put forth by BBT. BBT hates to admit they ignore the physics of plasma in favor of fabricating BS physics, then turn around and "borrow" plasma physics structures anyway (because the physics of their theories cannot build them on their own).

BBT is the story of fabricating physics when you should be paying attention to existing / known physics. NGC 7603 and many others deny doppler "expansion". So much for dark energy! Thus a fair amount of that mass needed to make Omega = ~1 is compromised. Furthermore, plasma physics says we don't need to dark matter to account for galactic motions. Galaxies are plasma! Surprise! --plasma physics along with gravitation explains their motions perfectly! This, of course, removes the dark matter fantasy and now BBT is left with an omega value that proves its own inconsistency.

There's a place for BBT! It's right next to Platomic Solids and their epicycles on the shelf of failed science.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Bluenose

You're pretty big on assertions, pretty thin on actual substantive argument.  Simply attacking the basics of current cosmology without offering a satisfactory alternative is a waste of everybody's time.  One of the reasons for BBT is a simple application of Occam's razor.  Your ideas add extra layers of complexity without adding any extra explanative power.  I call BS.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Rift Zone

Quote from: Bluenose on March 19, 2018, 10:30:50 PM
You're pretty big on assertions, pretty thin on actual substantive argument.  Simply attacking the basics of current cosmology without offering a satisfactory alternative is a waste of everybody's time.  One of the reasons for BBT is a simple application of Occam's razor.  Your ideas add extra layers of complexity without adding any extra explanative power.  I call BS.
It's a starting point.   ...something to think about.    If it was BS, you'd be attacking my science, not me!  Seems like my science is impervious, however.   ...as am I.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 19, 2018, 09:20:27 PM
Do you know what Erwin Hubble thought of "Hubble Law"?

"It seems likely that redshift may not be due to an expanding Universe, and much of the speculations on the structure of the universe may require re-examination."
-Edwin Hubble, PASP, 1947

He probably got that impression because structures like NGC 7603, NGC 4319, and many others make it very clear gravitation is a contributing factor to redshift. NASA decided to cover up that fact by doctoring images of NGC 4319 to deny that truth rather than adjust theory to accommodate observation [true story... -ridiculously shady!!!].

There is an issue with galactic rotation that BBT addresses by fabricating "dark matter"... Actually, the real issue is the density of the universe has to be a very specific value for the theory to work. The observed density, "Omega", was 2%~3% what it "should" be. So, for BBT to work at all, it simply had to pull a lot of matter and energy straight out of its ass. The galaxy rotation issue gave BBT theorists good reason to fabricate physics because spiral galaxies rotate faster than gravity alone can account for. Plus, it turns out if you fabricate enough "dark matter", pick exactly how and where you distribute it to best accommodate these intellectually dishonest simulations, you can mimic the angular velocity of spiral galaxies reasonably well. They too are shady because their physics doesn't lead to the simulations' starting conditions; they build fantasy then let their equations play with it.]

You should discount BBT in an instant given the simple observation that this universe has more than one force! All BBT knows is gravity. All it thinks about is gravity, the weakest force of them all. And when it's insufficient to explain observation, it just fabricates more gravity to make it all better. Um BBT, how about incorporating known physics into your models? You know, like electromagnetism / plasma physics? This universe is, 99.999+% plasma! Might be wise to include its behavior into our models of the universe!

Observe:
^That's pure plasma physics! ...and those angular momentum values are consistent with galaxy rotation. Dark matter is a blatant lie. It is willful ignorance. It is the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.

BBT is not enlightened, it's inept. Do you know how to determine if theories are worthy? They make predictions that we can then test. BBT has never made an accurate prediction. NEVER! Ever, nada, zip, zilch, none. Is this a surprise to anyone? Do you think you can take the weakest of all forces, pretend it's the only force, build a "universe" with it, then assume you're gonna have a perfectly accurate picture? I should hope not. What I love best about BBT is how it cannot explain accretion discs at all, yet assumes them in their models because their so ubiquitous in the universe. They're ubiquitous because they're a plasma physics phenomenon! Solar systems, spiral galaxies, all of the universe's accretion discs are actually against the laws of physics put forth by BBT. BBT hates to admit they ignore the physics of plasma in favor of fabricating BS physics, then turn around and "borrow" plasma physics structures anyway (because the physics of their theories cannot build them on their own).

BBT is the story of fabricating physics when you should be paying attention to existing / known physics. NGC 7603 and many others deny doppler "expansion". So much for dark energy! Thus a fair amount of that mass needed to make Omega = ~1 is compromised. Furthermore, plasma physics says we don't need to dark matter to account for galactic motions. Galaxies are plasma! Surprise! --plasma physics along with gravitation explains their motions perfectly! This, of course, removes the dark matter fantasy and now BBT is left with an omega value that proves its own inconsistency.

There's a place for BBT! It's right next to Platomic Solids and their epicycles on the shelf of failed science.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Davin on March 20, 2018, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 19, 2018, 11:38:40 PMIf it was BS, you'd be attacking my science, not me!
If you had some science to address, we would.
yea, it's all about vivid imagination.     Like: I wonder what kind of kiss ass would do an obscure sole dirty when they tried to share only to turn around and be all about "we hung out in the same forum together..." like they was friends, when dude gains some notoriety, cuz they don't have any spine on their own accord, so they latch on to any entity they think has clout, only to blindly lash out on things that challenge it, thinking they're on the strong ground cuz no one will fucks with their authoritah, when in reality no one fucks with mother nature.     meh, probably never happens.   

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 20, 2018, 05:45:17 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 20, 2018, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 19, 2018, 11:38:40 PMIf it was BS, you'd be attacking my science, not me!
If you had some science to address, we would.
yea, it's all about vivid imagination.[...]
If it's all about vivid imagination, then not only are you in the wrong section, but you're also moving the goal post (fallacy).

You goaded up to attack your science and not you.
I noted that you provided no science.
So you say that it's all about imagination.

Do you think that your imagination is science?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

It's in the wrong section?    Oops, my bad.    You should petition to have it placed in a more appropriate location.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Rift Zone

Recusant

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 12:17:22 AM
Quote from: Recusant on March 20, 2018, 11:23:28 PM
Ralph Apher -- CMB
what about him/it?

You're a clever fellow (I'm not being sarcastic here, I believe you to be of above average intelligence), you no doubt have already figured it out. It directly addresses one of your claims in the OP.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Rift Zone

Quote from: Recusant on March 21, 2018, 12:34:17 AM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 12:17:22 AM
Quote from: Recusant on March 20, 2018, 11:23:28 PM
Ralph Apher -- CMB
what about him/it?

You're a clever fellow (I'm not being sarcastic here, I believe you to be of above average intelligence), you no doubt have already figured it out. It directly addresses one of your claims in the OP.
My apologies, I'm not familiar with him.  The reference is lost on me.   Is CMB Cosmic Microwave Background?  ...oh, predictions!   Is that where you 're going with this?   BBT had their prediction at 50 Kelvin when the findings were released.   And plasma cosmology had their value, established for different reasons, within a few K.   Dozens of predictions of background radiation have come from dozens of stances.  It's not a unique feature of a cosmological theory.    BBT's love of CMB is essentially unfounded.

So, was that it?   if not, you lost me.   

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 20, 2018, 10:03:38 PM
It's in the wrong section?    Oops, my bad.    You should petition to have it placed in a more appropriate location.
So you're admitting that what you're presenting is not science then?

Rift Zone

Quote from: Davin on March 21, 2018, 01:34:44 PM
I admit I'm gonna establish 21st century physics.

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 05:05:18 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 21, 2018, 01:34:44 PM
I admit I'm gonna establish 21st century physics.
So smarmy!

You should probably get a hold of Betsy DeVos, she doesn't understand science either.