News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on April 15, 2019, 04:33:16 PM
I have to explain what email is to someone younger than my mom. I don't get paid enough for this.

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on April 15, 2019, 04:33:16 PM
I have to explain what email is to someone younger than my mom. I don't get paid enough for this.
Wow! I though I was behind!  :o

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

I just finished dinner after returning from the urgent care clinic. I'm making a new stock for my target shooting rifle. The wood kicked out of the table saw and knocked the crap out of my right arm. I've bruises and lots of skin flayed off, about 10 inches long and 1 inch wide.  >:(  Nothing broken though, which is good. This is just a practice piece out of pine before I make the final product out of some sort of hardwood, probably walnut or mahogany.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 16, 2019, 03:44:29 AM
I just finished dinner after returning from the urgent care clinic. I'm making a new stock for my target shooting rifle. The wood kicked out of the table saw and knocked the crap out of my right arm. I've bruises and lots of skin flayed off, about 10 inches long and 1 inch wide.  >:(  Nothing broken though, which is good. This is just a practice piece out of pine before I make the final product out of some sort of hardwood, probably walnut or mahogany.

Sorry to hear about your accident, it must hurt like hell.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

I bet the air turned toxic! Glad it didn't get you in the head.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

...I've bruises and lots of skin flayed off, about 10 inches long and 1 inch wide.
This sounds pretty bad.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Thanks folks! Interestingly, it doesn't hurt. Maybe the ionized air reduced the pain somehow. ::) It's probably because I'm already living on Tylenol until I get my foot surgery at the end of May. I'll finish thinning the stock with my planer to avoid this again. In retrospect, I should have done it that way to begin with. :shrug:

ETA- I didn't get hit in the head because I was taught not to stand in line with the blade, just for this reason.

jumbojak

Kickback is no fun at all and it only takes one slip to either teach you where you need to stand or put you out permanently, depending on the machine doing the kicking. Glad you're okay.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Ouch!  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on April 16, 2019, 03:19:53 PM
Kickback is no fun at all and it only takes one slip to either teach you where you need to stand or put you out permanently, depending on the machine doing the kicking. Glad you're okay.

Indeed. I know where to stand, and it ain't in line with the blade. When I could feel the wood starting to close up and bind (it wasn't even to the riving knife yet), I stepped further to the side and let go, probably .01 seconds too soon. But if I had waited that long, I'd probably gotten broken fingers instead. I'll take the loss of hide. It actually doesn't hurt, which is kind of weird.

jumbojak

Might be going to the hospital again. Heart won't stop pounding and I can't catch my breath.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 20, 2019, 08:46:12 PM
Might be going to the hospital again. Heart won't stop pounding and I can't catch my breath.

Stay calm and go!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Good luck and keep us up to date.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Tank

Thyroid problems?