News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on September 23, 2019, 05:31:03 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on September 23, 2019, 03:43:27 PM
I would like a quilt but the weather is still a bit warm. I came across one in a tortilla pattern that would let you sleep as snug as a burrito.

I don't know about all weighted blankets, but this one didn't make me too warm.

I might try to get one. I have a bit more sparring gear to lay hands on first though.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on September 23, 2019, 10:28:54 PM
I would like a quilt but the weather is still a bit warm. I came across one in a tortilla pattern that would let you sleep as snug as a burrito.

I might try to get one. I have a bit more sparring gear to lay hands on first though.

Silly me. I thought blankets were sparring gear.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 24, 2019, 04:11:53 AM

I think that depends on whether you want to look at your training partner or not.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on September 24, 2019, 04:19:42 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 24, 2019, 04:11:53 AM

I think that depends on whether you want to look at your training partner or not.

There is also the BED effect: beauty enhanced by darkness.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Whats on my mind tonight?  This kid.  She is cherub who is so much more than a 16 year old little girl.  She is articulate charming, and dynamic.  May the FSM bless the Vikings.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Icarus on September 24, 2019, 06:01:44 AM
Whats on my mind tonight?  This kid.  She is cherub who is so much more than a 16 year old little girl.  She is articulate charming, and dynamic.  May the FSM bless the Vikings.

I'm not sure about your wording as to her being more than a mere girl.  Many sixteen year old girls are articulate, charming and dynamic. I do agree that she is bloody awesome though. I suspect others aren't going to see what we do, they won't be using the words articulate and charming, it'll be ones like shrill and hysterical.

I saw the Global climate strike in Sydney on Friday, 80,000 attendees.
Of course our prime minister asshole doesn't approve such behaviour.
Quote"Each day I send my kids to school and I know other members' kids should also go to school but we do not support our schools being turned into parliaments," Morrison told parliament on Monday.

"What we want is more learning in schools and less activism in schools."

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Buddy on September 23, 2019, 01:57:46 AM
So when I first joined the forum, I was super paranoid that some internet crazy would find out who I was and come murder me or something. So the most logical thing to do was to tell everyone that I was from Sweden. Because that makes total sense?????

Obviously, I threw all paranoia out the window when I actually flew to England to meet some of the Internet crazies.

It still haunts me to this day.

I feel I've been robbed.
Your story seemed so much more interesting with the taken from civilised Sweden to live in barbaric USA basis.
I never totally believed though, I still think you could be a male, 52ish by now, Texan and a truck driver, though maybe banned from driving by now.
The telltale signs are there if you look.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Red_Cloud

"Sometimes I Sits and Thinks, and Sometimes I Just Sits"  Winnie the Pooh.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Sorry for not contributing a barrage of posts and threads...I'm far from home and don't have my computer with me. I promise when I get back you all with get a Silverphinx overload!  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey