News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello! New member here.

Started by Steve Reason, August 24, 2007, 04:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Reason

Hello, I'm a new member. I decided I needed a place to talk with like-minded people. I detest religion and ignorant people, and I can't help myself when I see them in action. I always feel the need to confront those that believe and preach such foolishness. I'm not sure why I do it. I guess I simply feel the need to divest people of their ridiculous notions. It's the same feeling I get when someone brings up UFOs and such.

I absolutely don't believe in the existence of any god(s). But my hatred for religion is separate from my atheism. My journey began with my hatred of religion to be sure. I probably wouldn't have questioned my belief otherwise. But I never let my opinion of religion influence my search. I came to the unavoidable conclusion that there just isn't any evidence for the existence of a god or gods, and that "God" exists only in the holy books, and the margins of science. I could come to no other conclusion if I was going to live an honest life. It was a hard truth to learn, but it is the truth. However, even if there was a god, and he was my best buddy, I would still detest religion-- especially the monotheistic ones.

Apart from all of that, I'm just a normal guy making his way through life and enjoying it as much as I can without doing any damage along the way. Anyway, just wanted to say hey, and give you a quick overview of what I'm about.

Steve
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

rlrose328

Oooo... it's a nice day for newbies!  Welcome, I'm Kerri and I, too, went looking for a place to talk to like-minded people as I have none but my husband here where I live... and I do love him, but we've talked it all out already and we know what we have to say.   :lol:

We share the same ideas on organized religion, Steve... You put it so succinctly!  Great intro!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

tigerlily46514

Welcome Steve Reason!!!!  Another Hoosier Atheist!  (Steve, i think we might be the only two out here....bah ha ha!!))  No, cuz like rlrose, my sweetieman is an atheist too.  THANK GOD!       :lol:

Can you believe all these storms we are having ??
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

rlrose328

If it's a cool rain, send some here!  I'm sweltering here in the NW!  And I LOVE rain!  (Well, not as much as YOU'RE getting...)  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Ninja Donkey

Willkommen, Steve!
Very passionate intro.  I, too, share a distaste for the religious.  However, I don't think my distaste is as focused and, dare I say, mean.  I tend to go with the whole "live and let live" philosophy.  But, if challenged, i don't take matters lightly.  So welcome, and enjoy your stay!
"Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just god when he's drunk" - Tom Waits

McQ

Welcome to the forum, Steve Reason. Thanks for the intro.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

SteveS

Hi Steve - I agree, god is right out; but UFOs are real!  The aliens are among us, and their purpose is nefarious - hide your children!

Nah, I'm just kidding, of course.  Welcome to the forum (and good name by the way, I find it strangely appealing.....)

:wink:

MommaSquid

8)   Cool!  Another new member.

Welcome to the forum, Steve Reason.

Tom62

Quote from: "SteveS"Hi Steve - I agree, god is right out; but UFOs are real!  The aliens are among us, and their purpose is nefarious - hide your children!

What! That can't be true! I'm just viewing eight seasons of the X-Files in one go, so I'm definitively sure that UFO's and aliens exist!  :lol:
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

donkeyhoty

Aliens - no;  Zombies and Vampires - yes.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

SteveS

I forgot about the zombies and vampires!!!  Crap - I know that I can wear garlic around my neck to ward of the vampires, but I'm at a loss as to the best zombie defense?

Whitney

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum.