News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Tank!  He is adorable!!!  What a sweet smiley little guy!!!  (Much more enticing than Asmo in a diaper.  Much.)

DeterminedJuliet

Aww! what a cutie! Pinch his liddle cheeks, I could! (Tanks' grandson, not Asmo :P)

My cheerfulness today is brought to you by the fact that we're leaving for Newfoundland tomorrow! We'll be there for two weeks! Can't wait!  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Amicale

Awww, Tank! What an adorable smiley boy! Bet he's got you wrapped around his wee bitty cute finger!  :D

DJ, have an AWESOME trip to Newfoundland, I know you'll have a great time there! *hug* :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on July 16, 2012, 05:11:52 PM
Awww, Tank! What an adorable smiley boy! Bet he's got you wrapped around his wee bitty cute finger!  :D

DJ, have an AWESOME trip to Newfoundland, I know you'll have a great time there! *hug* :)
Nope. But I think that's why he likes me.  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on July 16, 2012, 11:02:00 AM
Disagree, Your Greyness.  Snuggling family babies is fun, so long as someone else does the pooey stuff.  ;)
They tend to start screaming at the top of their tiny little lungs well before I'm within arm's reach.

That said, I genuinely do dislike children before they learn to speak and avoid them until they are at least in their teens.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on July 16, 2012, 05:16:24 PM
Disagree, Your Greyness.  Snuggling family babies is fun, so long as someone else does the pooey stuff.  ;)
They tend to start screaming at the top of their tiny little lungs well before I'm within arm's reach.

That said, I genuinely do dislike children before they learn to speak and avoid them until they are at least in their teens.

Oh well, that's one reason to be cheerful. You not wanting to snuggle any babies or play with any little kids means all the more for us to snuggle and cuddle and make much of.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

En_Route

Quite right. I wanted to send mine until exile until they had reached the age of 11, but for some inexplicable reason my wife objected.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: En_Route on July 16, 2012, 05:29:43 PM

Quite right. I wanted to send mine until exile until they had reached the age of 11, but for some inexplicable reason my wife objected.

We're difficult like that.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Actually I think the golden age of childhood is 3 to puberty. Kids become information sponges and often can't get enough time with their parents.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 16, 2012, 05:31:55 PM

We're difficult like that.

Women!  I'll never understand them.

Enjoy your trip home. Friends  of ours lived in St. Johns for years and really took to it. They don't report having met any bronze ladies there though.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2012, 05:38:56 PM
Kids become information sponges and often can't get enough time with their parents.
I'd rather deal with a smelly teenager and his/her endless needs for gaming consoles, fashion items, free condoms and the like, the inevitable totalling of my car and shifty moods.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2012, 05:38:56 PM
Actually I think the golden age of childhood is 3 to puberty. Kids become information sponges and often can't get enough time with their parents.

Yes, so far I agree.  I love it when they start talking and have hilarious things to say.  Real life conversations with T from this weekend (both involving the book, How to Train Your Dragon, Book 4: How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse):

Ali: Don't you want to read to the end and find out what happens to Fishlegs?  I'm worried about him.
T:  Mooooom!  He's not even real.

T: Wait, what happened to Norbert the Nutjob?
Ali: He got shot in the behind with an arrow.
T:  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  The arrow went in his poop place?

I suspect we won't have these kinds of conversations when he's a teenager, and I will miss them.  He makes me laugh until I cry.

OldGit

Quote from: TankActually I think the golden age of childhood is 3 to puberty. Kids become information sponges and often can't get enough time with their parents.

I agree entirely.  Asmo has neatly summed up the problems with teenagers.  However I can report that they get quite reasonable again after about 25.

I've posted this one of my grandmonkey before:

Enjoy your visit, DJ!