News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

How fun!  Have a great time!!!

Velma

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2012, 12:05:57 PM
Quote from: Velma on July 10, 2012, 09:42:05 AM
Today (July 10th) is my second wedding anniversary!   ;D
And you're still alive. That's quite impressive  ;)
Yes it is.   :D

Thanks everyone.  I had to work so we really didn't have a chance to do anything yesterday.

Congratulations OldGit!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 11, 2012, 05:48:47 PM
I'm going on vacation tomorrow. A weekend in Rome followed by a week long cruise in the eastern mediterranean. Can't wait!

Will get you some pics from the Vatican.

Cool!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

A polystyrene box with plants in it is like a little piece of land.

Ali

^^ That's actually a really cute/sweet idea.  Pudding must be a good husband.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 10:11:31 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion he's not a boring one.  ;D

As for me, a funny (good) thing kinda happened today. You see, I'm quickly approaching the final term of my tech writing program and, in our last term, we need to arrange a work practicum. Even though we're living in Ottawa, I wanted to set something up in Newfoundland because that's where we ultimately want to end up, and I thought it'd be good to start making connections in the province, etc. 

Anyhoo, there's a software company back home that seemed interesting, so I wrote them an e-mail and sent them some information yesterday. Today, my sister-in-law calls me and is like, "Hey! Did you e-mail ______ about a placement?" It turns out that my sister-in-law's, husband's sister-in-law works at the company, recognized my name (we've met before) and can put in a good word for me. I had to laugh, because it was totally one of those "small world" moments.   
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

I'm going on vacation tomorrow. A weekend in Rome followed by a week long cruise in the eastern mediterranean. Can't wait!

Take me with you~~  :o
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

OldGit

Good news, DJ!

Pudding, I think you've just cracked the gift problem.  Thanks.  :)

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 10:11:31 PM

See this, see this! I have cute/sweet ideas.
I offer Styrofoam boxes with dirt in them as gifts, so sweet. 
I'm not cheap, not cheap at all.  :D

Asmodean

...And I'm going on vacation in ten days. If you want, I can get you some pics of the Swedish forest - if I choose that route.  :-\
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

^ Swedish forest, yes!

I got a letter in the mail today saying that I made the Dean's Honours List for my program. ;D

OldGit

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 13, 2012, 08:17:17 PM
^ Swedish forest, yes!

I got a letter in the mail today saying that I made the Dean's Honours List for my program. ;D
Woot!!!!

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 13, 2012, 08:17:17 PM
^ Swedish forest, yes!
Not much to look at, but I'll take some pics
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.