News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on April 07, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
QuoteTimothy "Tim" Drake[3][5] is a fictional character, a superhero who appears in comic books published by DC Comics and in related media. The character was created by Marv Wolfman and Pat Broderick. From 1989 to 2009, he was known as Robin in the Batman comics, becoming the third character to take up the identity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Drake

:)
The Asmo despises him already.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

I got my first freelance writing contract today! Whooo! It's only 400 words, but it's a start!  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 10, 2012, 06:24:06 PM
I got my first freelance writing contract today! Whooo! It's only 400 words, but it's a start!  ;D

Awesome!!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Yay!  WTG DJ!!!

I have to go to a conference in May to do a couple of presentations for one of my clients.  I just found out where it is being held.

http://www.skamania.com/lodge-photos.php

Have I mentioned lately how much I like my job?

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on April 10, 2012, 08:32:42 PM
Yay!  WTG DJ!!!

I have to go to a conference in May to do a couple of presentations for one of my clients.  I just found out where it is being held.

Oh my goodness, that's gorgeous!  :o

Although I must admit, when I first saw skamania, I thought of ska music, fashion, etc and was confused for a moment, then relieved when I clicked your link.  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 10, 2012, 06:24:06 PM

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on April 10, 2012, 08:32:42 PM
Yay!  WTG DJ!!!

You have and I'm still Green!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2012, 04:18:10 PM

You may want to get that looked at. :P
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 11, 2012, 04:23:10 PM

That's a feed line to a very rude joke, which I am not going to tell  :)

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2012, 04:24:06 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 11, 2012, 04:23:10 PM

That's a feed line to a very rude joke, which I am not going to tell  :)
Put it in the joke thread!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Haha Amicale, about Ska-mania.  Yup, I'm totally going to go party with some Rudies.  Pick it up!

Tank

An influx of new and interesting members!

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2012, 07:19:00 PM
An influx of new and interesting members!

Fourteen people online!  ;D

Ali

Ellie and T are so cute together. 

For the first 3.75 years of his life, she seemed to like him well enough, but he was wild and unpredictable enough that she would often keep her distance.  Like, she would come when he called her, and let him pet her, but then she would move on.  Lately though, as he's gotten less "Spastic Toddler" and more "Regular Kid", she has taken more of a shine to him.  Right now he is laying with his head on my legs watching Saturday morning cartoons, and she jumped up next to him and is laying with her head on his tummy.  I wish I could take a picture, but if I get up to get my phone I know I'll disrupt the entire arrangement.  We're all crowded on the love seat like a pile of puppies.  It's pretty lovely.