News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SoTheyTellMe

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

amppax

I just finished High school!

PapistItalian16

River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

Tank

Quote from: amppax on May 13, 2011, 06:59:36 PM
I just finished High school!
And now welcome to the rest of your life!! :)

Illbethewriter

I bloody love my boyfriend. It's such a good feeling after 4 and a half years to be able to still say that. I still get butterflies from time to time, but usually its just a smile inside as I know exactly what he's thinking and exactly what he's going to say. I just hope we can keep having as much fun as we have done so far!
"On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives [...] on a mote of dust suspended on a sunbeam." - Carl Sagan

thedport

I am alive, have a good job, and have freinds and family that care about me very much. I have lots to be cheerfull about.
"An honest person can never surrender an honest doubt. Who doubts nothing knows nothing. The wise are prone to doubt."-The good book;Proverbs;Chapter 55

Cecilie

Hmm, this thread has reminded me how much of a pessimist I am.
The world's what you create.

Whitney

Cooper20

I just watched Four episodes of 'Drew Carry's Impro-a-ganza'.  ;D
"There are many types of religion, one of them in Christianity, which celebrates the irony of nailing a carpenter to two pieces of wood."

Poptop

Happy for my decent health.  I don't have health insurance.

Tank

Our beloved Queen Whitney has made over 6,000 posts. All hail Queen Whitney SWMBO  ;)

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on May 28, 2011, 12:55:29 AM
Our beloved Queen Whitney has made over 6,000 posts. All hail Queen Whitney SWMBO  ;)

Queen Whitney eh...
Do you think she has any hats worth stealing?

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 28, 2011, 02:45:09 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 28, 2011, 12:55:29 AM

Queen Whitney eh...
Do you think she has any hats worth stealing?

I hear she bought one for £87,000 recently on ebay  :-X