News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Achronos Look at Me Me Me Derail

Started by Achronos, January 10, 2011, 01:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achronos

Ah Islam, predominantly a distortion of the Old Testament Mosaic religion and the (Pharisaic) Talmudic religion, to which was also added a dose of the pre-Islamic Arabian pagan customs, and a light sprinkling of heretical teachings about Christ. It's amazing how Muhammed took a minor moon god cult and turned it into the 2nd largest religion in the world.

All manmade religions are the same in that they are unable to lead men to God.

Also there are more central and fatal flaws: the Muslim claims the Quran is eternal and unchanging, yet their own sources contradict this...
"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."
- St. Augustine

Sophus

Quote from: "Achronos"It's amazing how Muhammed took a minor moon god cult and turned it into the 2nd largest religion in the world.
As oppose to taking a mountain god cult and turning it into the largest religion in the world?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Achronos

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Achronos"It's amazing how Muhammed took a minor moon god cult and turned it into the 2nd largest religion in the world.
As oppose to taking a mountain god cult and turning it into the largest religion in the world?
This thread is about Islam, if you want to discuss your assertion further please PM me.
"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."
- St. Augustine

Sophus

Quote from: "Achronos"
This thread is about Islam, if you want to discuss your assertion further please PM me.
Noting the perversity of this argument would seem to be a relevant point if you are acknowledging Islam had its own evolution, ergo is invalid, why then, do you either not recognize this is true of many old religions, including your own? Or why should one prove to be an exception to the rule? If the latter is the case, how would we know Islam isn't capable of being valid?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Achronos

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"
Quote from: "Achronos"All manmade religions are the same in that they are unable to lead men to God.

I do think this is the first thing I've read from you that I agree with.

Of course, your manmade religion is included in this statement... Right?

Considering that Christ is both fully human and fully God, Christ showed us the way to lead us (humans) to God. As St. Athanasius once said, God became man so man might become [a] god.
- St. Augustine

DJAkuma

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"
Quote from: "Achronos"All manmade religions are the same in that they are unable to lead men to God.

I do think this is the first thing I've read from you that I agree with.

Of course, your manmade religion is included in this statement... Right?

Considering that Christ is both fully human and fully God, Christ showed us the way to lead us (humans) to God. As St. Athanasius once said, God became man so man might become [a] god.

Rolls to dodge, it fails, you take double damage...

Achronos

Quote from: "DJAkuma"Rolls to dodge, it fails, you take double damage...

Well all I can say is that faith is fundamentally lived out and not thought. To put the latter before the former is folly. The cart before the horse.

If you are not going to do certain things that I ask you to do, that is if you really don't want to have a relationship with God, then we are simply wasting our time discussing. But if you do, I would say a few things. Like for example pray for enlightenment and to pray that God to reveal Himself to you so it's not this figment of your imagination or what some Church has built Him up to be, reveal Himself for what He is and only what He is. Let whatever happens, happen. Read the New Testament slowly, and what you don't understand just let it go, and what you do understand put it into practice. During this time, sit in silence for 10 to 15 minutes or even 30 minutes watching the thoughts that come to your mind and letting them go to God with prayer. Don't have sex (if you are not married), not only with someone else but not with yourself or with a computer. Don't get drunk, don't eat unhealthy foods, don't eat too much, try to drink and eat less than normal. Try to speak as little as possible without irritating others, always be listening. If you have some extra money give that away, spend atleast 1 to 2 hours a day helping someone and not telling anyone about that. Go to someone you can trust and share your thoughts, feelings, dreams etc in detail (Not sexualthings or about other people). Discuss your family and your childhood experiences good or bad, focus on memories that are sad and distressful and those that bring joy.

I will say that if you are addicted to sex, alcohol, gambling and any other addictions that you seek help. We all need help and I would advise to seek out a treatment program. Take things minute by minute, live in the present; let go of the past and don't be anxious for the future.

As I said if you really want a relationship with God, I would advise you put into practice a few of the things I have mentioned. If all you want to do is don't believe in God and that you hate Him, well then we really have nothing to discuss. You would only be wasting my time and your time.
- St. Augustine

Whitney

Well all I can say is that faith is fundamentally lived out and not thought. To put the latter before the former is folly. The cart before the horse.

If you are not going to do certain things that I ask you to do, that is if you really don't want to have a relationship with God, then we are simply wasting our time discussing. But if you do, I would say a few things. Like for example pray for enlightenment and to pray that God to reveal Himself to you so it's not this figment of your imagination or what some Church has built Him up to be, reveal Himself for what He is and only what He is. Let whatever happens, happen. Read the New Testament slowly, and what you don't understand just let it go, and what you do understand put it into practice. During this time, sit in silence for 10 to 15 minutes or even 30 minutes watching the thoughts that come to your mind and letting them go to God with prayer. Don't have sex (if you are not married), not only with someone else but not with yourself or with a computer. Don't get drunk, don't eat unhealthy foods, don't eat too much, try to drink and eat less than normal. Try to speak as little as possible without irritating others, always be listening. If you have some extra money give that away, spend atleast 1 to 2 hours a day helping someone and not telling anyone about that. Go to someone you can trust and share your thoughts, feelings, dreams etc in detail (Not sexualthings or about other people). Discuss your family and your childhood experiences good or bad, focus on memories that are sad and distressful and those that bring joy.

I will say that if you are addicted to sex, alcohol, gambling and any other addictions that you seek help. We all need help and I would advise to seek out a treatment program. Take things minute by minute, live in the present; let go of the past and don't be anxious for the future.

As I said if you really want a relationship with God, I would advise you put into practice a few of the things I have mentioned. If all you want to do is don't believe in God and that you hate Him, well then we really have nothing to discuss. You would only be wasting my time and your time.

If you want to preach and even slightly imply that someone is addicted to "vices" find a different forum...HAF if for discussing not for making broad assumptions about what people have or haven't done or for telling people they don't believe because they haven't prayed right (preaching is against the rules).

LegendarySandwich

Putting faith before thinking is dangerous and extremely foolish.

QuoteIf you are not going to do certain things that I ask you to do, that is if you really don't want to have a relationship with God, then we are simply wasting our time discussing.
I thought the point of the conversation was to rationally and civilly discuss a topic of interest.

QuoteBut if you do, I would say a few things. Like for example pray for enlightenment and to pray that God to reveal Himself to you so it's not this figment of your imagination or what some Church has built Him up to be, reveal Himself for what He is and only what He is.
What if I pray to God and nothing happens?

QuoteRead the New Testament slowly, and what you don't understand just let it go, and what you do understand put it into practice.
I've read it slowly before. I'm not going to follow a lot of its rules, because a lot are stupid.

QuoteDuring this time, sit in silence for 10 to 15 minutes or even 30 minutes watching the thoughts that come to your mind and letting them go to God with prayer.
I'd rather meditate.

QuoteDon't have sex (if you are not married), not only with someone else but not with yourself or with a computer.
No.

QuoteDon't get drunk, don't eat unhealthy foods, don't eat too much, try to drink and eat less than normal.
No.

QuoteTry to speak as little as possible without irritating others, always be listening.
I try to do this already.

QuoteIf you have some extra money give that away, spend atleast 1 to 2 hours a day helping someone and not telling anyone about that.
This sounds like a good thing to do, but impractical.

QuoteGo to someone you can trust and share your thoughts, feelings, dreams etc in detail (Not sexualthings or about other people).
Why not about sexual things or other people?

QuoteDiscuss your family and your childhood experiences good or bad, focus on memories that are sad and distressful and those that bring joy.
Sure.

QuoteI will say that if you are addicted to sex, alcohol, gambling and any other addictions that you seek help.
No.

QuoteAs I said if you really want a relationship with God, I would advise you put into practice a few of the things I have mentioned. If all you want to do is don't believe in God and that you hate Him, well then we really have nothing to discuss. You would only be wasting my time and your time.
I don't hate God.

If you are going to tell us to do certain things, then I can too, right...?

The first thing you can do is stop believing in God.

Achronos

Quote from: "Whitney"

I will say that if[/u] you are addicted to sex, alcohol, gambling and any other addictions that you seek help. We all need help and I would advise to seek out a treatment program. Take things minute by minute, live in the present; let go of the past and don't be anxious for the future.

If you want to preach and even slightly imply that someone is addicted to "vices" find a different forum...HAF if for discussing not for making broad assumptions about what people have or haven't done or for telling people they don't believe because they haven't prayed right (preaching is against the rules).

Key word is "IF" you are addicted, not implying anyone here is addicted to vices. If you seriously think that none of us need help at all, well good luck to you. If you seriously think that people can keep on doing vices in this world with no consequences, then let's go ahead and put a timeline on our ultimate demise, because it will happen. Let's go ahead and abolish morality while we are at it.

You act like getting help, and not just help for addictions but anything in life that is so laughable.

Now on accusations of me preaching; all I'm saying here is if you are not sincerly and seriously going to try to pray, do some good deeds, read the NT and put the faith into practice, it really is pointless to discuss. LS made a point it's dangerous to put the faith into practice without thought, yet billions of Christians do it everyday without a problem. There's this story when St. Andrew was about to be crucified by his accuser whom the accuser said that "Andrew you have lost your mind! To believe in such a thing!" and Andrew said "Become his disciple, and you will know."

I think it was two weeks ago where I told this board that anytime I am learning about a new religion, I always see how it views the world. If you aren't going to try to become Christ's disciple, and keep on the derision, keep trying to find contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible, keep on hating then you will never know what it is like.
- St. Augustine

Whitney

Quote from: "Achronos"You act like getting help, and not just help for addictions but anything in life that is so laughable.

Since this made it strike 3 (more baseless claims after being told not to do that) Achronos is on a 7 day time out.

He's just looking to pick a fight.

LegendarySandwich

You're acting like none of us were ever Christians before, Achronos.

EDIT: Never mind, he got banned for a week.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"You're acting like none of us were ever Christians before, Achronos.

EDIT: Never mind, he got banned for a week.
Damn...I was hoping he'd explain my fundamentalism.

Asmodean

...OR start a new thread and make some others happy  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ultima22689