News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

A question out of curiosity.

Started by Adam4, September 27, 2009, 01:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam4

Hey, I just want to know, What does the bible say about religions that pre-date Judaisim and Christianity?
(I know I could of asked a Christian site, but they might give me misinterpretations.)

Will

It pretends that they came first. Adam and Eve and all that jazz.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

From a Biblical point of view, there is no such thing as pre-dating Judaism...it (worship of the one true god) started when God created Adam and Eve.

You should ask a Christian site, any answers other than the above might be very entertaining as it would lead to in-fighting over the TRUTH.

Will

I should add this on: Judaism really is only about 5,000 years old as far as we can tell. At most it's in the 6,000 year range. Polytheism predates Judiam by a factor of two. The earliest indications of humans considering the supernatural was in honoring the dead, which is maybe 100,000 years ago. Homo sapiens started showing up around 400,000-250,000 years ago. Homo erectus started moving out of Africa about 2.5m years ago.

So yeah, Judaism really hasn't been around that long in reality.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.