News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Evolution Resources

Started by Tank, May 16, 2011, 07:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Added to the 'Miscellaneous' section of the OP

A few selected transitional fossils "All species undergo gradual change over time, but in the fossil record we find evidence of some changes that are particularly striking. This website is dedicated to some of these so-called transitional fossils."
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Claireliontamer

Tank

Thanks Claire. I have added a link.

Tank

Recusant

Added a link to the "Miscellaneous" section of the OP for "Gene Expression and Regulation". This is a page from the "Scitable" area of the Nature website which has an excellent introductory essay on the way that genes function in an organism, with links to a large selection of articles dealing with more specific aspects of the topic.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

There is many a true word spoken in jest.

imaginaryfriendless

Wow, Chris...this is the most comprehensive treasure trove of information on evolution I've ever come across. It should be organized into an ebook, or something. Everything I can think of to research, I have found here.

Well done.
Jamie

98% of us will die, at some point in our lives.

Tank

Quote from: imaginaryfriendless on July 29, 2016, 02:21:16 AM
Wow, Chris...this is the most comprehensive treasure trove of information on evolution I've ever come across. It should be organized into an ebook, or something. Everything I can think of to research, I have found here.

Well done.
Thank you.  :)

Recusant

Added a link to the "Miscellaneous" section: OneZoom Tree of Life Explorer

QuoteAn interactive map of the evolutionary relationships between 1.8 million species of life on our planet. Each leaf on the tree represents a species and the branches show how they are connected through evolution. Discover your favourites, see which species are under threat, and wonder at over 100,000 images on a single page.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on May 19, 2017, 11:29:32 AM

QuoteAn interactive map of the evolutionary relationships between 1.8 million species of life on our planet. Each leaf on the tree represents a species and the branches show how they are connected through evolution. Discover your favourites, see which species are under threat, and wonder at over 100,000 images on a single page.

This is so cool!  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on May 19, 2017, 04:31:19 PM

This is so cool!  :tellmemore:
I agree, that is very awesome.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

An excellent addition.

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

Claireliontamer

That is a pretty neat site. I have some issues with the 'tree of life' approach to evolution but that site is still cool.