News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

French Pres Says We're Not Doing Enough

Started by Bad Penny II, December 13, 2017, 03:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 14, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 13, 2017, 07:12:38 PM
Pretty sure we already lost, it just hasn't hit us yet. No matter what we do now, it's going to get rough. What we can do though, is lessen the impact, and reduce the time it takes to recover. Or we can keep going on like we are and deal with human extinction. And a bunch of other animals.

Giant hurricanes, droughts, raging fires, rising sea levels - it has hit us, but it will hit us harder.  Our 4th largest city was underwater a couple months ago. Our most populous state is on fire. It's just Act 1, but it's already a doozy.
A good amount of Florida will be under water soon too. They're already suffering a large amount of land mass going under.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Davin on December 15, 2017, 03:34:59 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 14, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 13, 2017, 07:12:38 PM
Pretty sure we already lost, it just hasn't hit us yet. No matter what we do now, it's going to get rough. What we can do though, is lessen the impact, and reduce the time it takes to recover. Or we can keep going on like we are and deal with human extinction. And a bunch of other animals.

Giant hurricanes, droughts, raging fires, rising sea levels - it has hit us, but it will hit us harder.  Our 4th largest city was underwater a couple months ago. Our most populous state is on fire. It's just Act 1, but it's already a doozy.
A good amount of Florida will be under water soon too. They're already suffering a large amount of land mass going under.

Not to mention the house-swallowing sinkholes from the overpopulated areas lowering the water table. Florida is going to turn into Atlantis if something isn't done. 

Icarus

Hey you guys. Gimme a break. I live in Florida.  I confess that I live in an elevated area, some 140 feet above mean sea level. The problem is that the Huns will come to my house and take it away from me when the sea rises....sorta like the bad guys in the Waterworld movie.

Bad Penny II

Back in 2007 we had an election and the Labor candidate who was an intelligent christian described climate change as the great moral challenge of our time.  A pope later said something similar https://www.themonthly.com.au/today/sean-kelly/2015/19/2015/1434694649/greatest-moral-challenge-our-time

It is frustrating that it a partisan issue, the right see it as conservation and conservatives hate that.

I told No one to grow or die in some thread, not very nice and I didn't even get a warning.
He was being gloomy, but gloom should be the natural reaction to what is going on.
To grow up, to become insensate or at least insensitive, how else can you live?
What is a word for put below consciousness, possibly starts with sub?
You could act! Ye that's probably just the verb of my sub word.
Grow up or die, I was giving him a life tip.
No his valid state of mind unsubed my sub stuff.
I was a No one, still have my No one moments.

Anyway, for No one, a gift.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on December 16, 2017, 06:41:26 AM
Hey you guys. Gimme a break. I live in Florida.  I confess that I live in an elevated area, some 140 feet above mean sea level. The problem is that the Huns will come to my house and take it away from me when the sea rises....sorta like the bad guys in the Waterworld movie.

140ft?

That's a Floridan mountain is it not?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dave on December 16, 2017, 01:56:12 PM
Quote from: Icarus on December 16, 2017, 06:41:26 AM

140ft?

That's a Floridan mountain is it not?

No, that's a penthouse.

Icarus

There is actually an elevated ridge that runs north and south in the interior of central Florida. We actually have some hills that are higher than 140 feet....well alright not much higher.

Down south we have a huge lake. Lake Okeechobee.  Its normal water level is several feet above the mean ground level and there are dikes all around the lake. The Kissimmee River as well as many of the watersheds north of the lake continuously fill the lake.  Okeechobee is one of the largest lakes in the whole of the US.  The dikes are old and deteriorating.  If the dikes ever break south Florida such as the Miami area, might be flooded, maybe demolished.  The everglades will get its water back however and the alligators and water snakes will be in their natural element again.

That lake has access to both the east and west coasts through a river to the west and huge canals heading to the east coast.  Each of these waterways have locks to regulate the water flow.

The problem is that the north watersheds are heavily agricultural.  Yes Florida is a major agricultural state, and does not rely entirely on extracting money from tourists. The outflow of the northern watershed is heavily polluted with ag chemicals.  The lake is polluted big time by all sorts of algae and other non natural biologics.  The release of water to the east, through the Saint Lucie Canal, has taken those pollutants to a formerly pristine bay that used to be a mecca for fishermen, boaters, and sun worshippers.  That bay is now so polluted that the fish and mollusks are dying.  That area in the summer is smelly. Real estate values have gone to hell there. ......This grumpy litany is the lead in to my long term crusade for zero population growth. 

We have too damned many people here in paradise.  Way back in time when I was a kid, the state population was at barely one million. Today the population is 20 million and growing every day.  If them Damned Yankees continue to come here we will run out of potable water. We are almost there right now.  Then there is the waste disposal problem. What does one do with the waste product of 20 million people. Our land fills are becoming less and less capable of biodegrading the huge mass of human waste product.  We are trying valiantly to separate recycleables from ordinary household waste.  We are losing the battle.  Where is the rapture when we need it?   

If it was not such a miserably cold place I might move to Lithuania.  Their population is diminishing noticeably. It is a beautiful country but not a well governed one.....Hey wait a minute.... Our country is not presently a well governed one either................... :exhausted:

(taking a deep breath now)