News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

20 days till Christmas!

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 05, 2017, 09:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Tell me, how are you lovely heathens feeling? :popcorn:

(Lovely non-heathens answer too! :grin:)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on December 05, 2017, 10:55:02 PM
With my fingers.

Really? Not with your whole skin? :notsure:

Did I deserve that response though? :P Maybe I did, heh.

Here's something to get you in the Christmas mood!  :guitar:

No one

xSilverPhinx

I think it's a little funny that No one doesn't like Christmas, it just isn't true that nobody doesn't like the holiday.  ;D

Sorry, it's late and my thinking process can be a little weird at times. :grin:

Dragonia

I'm feeling a little panicky and rushed, as I always do around this time. I still have gifts to buy and wrap and then ship off to my far-away family and I'm running out of time! :shocked: However, in the evenings, I do love sitting in my living room under the soft glow of my tree lights with my kids and my husband. I love the sparkly, glowing part of Christmas.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on December 06, 2017, 12:33:16 AM
I'm feeling a little panicky and rushed, as I always do around this time. I still have gifts to buy and wrap and then ship off to my far-away family and I'm running out of time! :shocked: However, in the evenings, I do love sitting in my living room under the soft glow of my tree lights with my kids and my husband. I love the sparkly, glowing part of Christmas.

:sidesmile:

Joking aside, I understand your feeling panicky over how time is running out. Do you also have to deal with malls and/or commercial centers being like anthills swarming with ants? Most people, it seems, buy presents well into December and so those places become impossibly full.

Luckily for me, I grew up alienated from my extended family so I don't usually buy them presents unless visiting.  :chin:

Sandra Craft

I'm not really into it this year, tho I do have all my minimalist shopping done.  Once again, I'm sending all my far-flung nearest and dearest a gift card to a movie theater near them so they can see a movie over the holiday on me, with plenty of hot dogs, cola and popcorn from the concession stand.

I know it's a religious song, but I've always loved this one, esp. sung in Irish: 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

This is a memorable Holiday Collusion Season:tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 06, 2017, 02:48:15 AM
I'm not really into it this year, tho I do have all my minimalist shopping done.  Once again, I'm sending all my far-flung nearest and dearest a gift card to a movie theater near them so they can see a movie over the holiday on me, with plenty of hot dogs, cola and popcorn from the concession stand.

I know it's a religious song, but I've always loved this one, esp. sung in Irish: 

The images in this video have nothing to do with Christmas, and the only word I could understand was Hallelujah, so this is a beautiful song to listen to any time of year! (And I love Enya)

Also, as far as shopping goes, I avoid the mall like I would avoid a family with Bubonic Plague. :zombie: I go to that place about twice a year, but not anywhere near Christmas. I'm not a fan of crowds, especially hordes of greedy materialistic teenagers with too much time on their hands.
Most of my shopping is online (the internet is the best thing to ever happen to christmas) and Craigslist. Yes, I buy used things for gifts sometimes. That way I can get better presents or more presents that have only been gently used. Not always, but I'm a big fan of saving money when possible.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Davin

Not many stupid, "why do atheists even celebrate Christmas?" questions yet.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

:worried: Ok, so not a very cheerful season for many...

It makes sense though. It can be a stressful holiday.

Sandra Craft

I just finished baking 6 dozen cookies for my girlfriend's assorted grand-nieces and nephews, so I'm feeling somewhat better.  They're spending the weekend with her for a little vacation (for their parents, I think) of Xmas activities.  Teresa's daughter will be there telling them stories, and is looking for a pair of elf ears to wear for the occasion.

If I had a fruity drink, I would be feeling like this: 

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany