News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Friday 13th

Started by Dave, October 13, 2017, 08:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

As a friend of mine on FB said "A good day to use power tools with fast rotating blades." Jumbo you heard it here.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I believe it's terribly unlucky to be superstitious.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dragonia

The fear of Friday the 13th: paraskevidekatriaphobia.
However, I have none of that...
I laugh in the face of superstition! I will dance under a ladder today, and maybe break a mirror, and I will take the Lord's name in vain and step on MANY cracks!
Its going to be a busy day  :panic:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on October 13, 2017, 12:14:31 PM
The fear of Friday the 13th: paraskevidekatriaphobia.
However, I have none of that...
I laugh in the face of superstition! I will dance under a ladder today, and maybe break a mirror, and I will take the Lord's name in vain and step on MANY cracks!
Its going to be a busy day  :panic:

This is not going to end well. Don't come crying on our shoulders if nothing happens to you.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

All I saw was 'Friday'!

:party:

:secrets: Doesn't really matter what number comes after that...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 13, 2017, 01:38:21 PM
All I saw was 'Friday'!

:party:

:secrets: Doesn't really matter what number comes after that...

Not even "Friday" matters to the Universe, just a name we give it oir convenience.

Come to think of it all the labels we give time are pretty meaningless in The Big Picture!

xSilverPhinx

Weeks are probably more of a social construct, but they still matter in my universe. :P

Friday is a very, very important day.

:yes!:

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 13, 2017, 02:03:12 PM
Weeks are probably more of a social construct, but they still matter in my universe. :P

They only matter because you are a slave to the capitalist, time and motion ruled, wage system! Cast off your calendars and be FREE!  :frolic:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on October 13, 2017, 03:43:39 PM

They only matter because you are a slave to the capitalist, time and motion ruled, wage system! Cast off your calendars and be FREE!  :frolic:

So sayeth the retired gentlemen from the UK.... :geezer!:

Does anyone here have any superstitions they still cling to out of habit? I still have this weird tendency to "Knock On Wood" in order to prevent a confident statement from bringing bad luck or causing a plan or directive to go wayward.

I know it is absolutely pointless, but I do it all the time, especially at work...mostly out of habit I guess.

Anyone else?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 13, 2017, 03:51:57 PM

So sayeth the retired gentlemen from the UK....* :geezer!:

Does anyone here have any superstitions they still cling to out of habit? I still have this weird tendency to "Knock On Wood" in order to prevent a confident statement from bringing bad luck or causing a plan or directive to go wayward.

I know it is absolutely pointless, but I do it all the time, especially at work...mostly out of habit I guess.

Anyone else?

* Huh! Between "Take these tablets now, those tablets then and the other tablets at another time, put the drops in your eyes at these times . . ." "Blood tests next Wednesday" "Optometric eye exam on . . . " "See the opthalmologist"  "Volunteer jobs on ..., ... and ...."

And not a bloody wage in sight! So, not a wage slave but the calendar is pretty stuffed!

But, no ritualistic things that I can think off, try to keep to my medication times and will not, knowingly, let others down - otherwise my time is my own (what is left anyway...)

xSilverPhinx

Cast off your calendars and be FREE!  :frolic:

Ok, that seriously made me laugh because I imagined you saying 'free' in a drawn out, high pitched voice. :lol: 

xSilverPhinx

Ok, Friday 13th has come and gone. Did anybody else have nothing at all happen to them? ::) I am a little disappointed that my day was just as ordinary as any other...

No one