News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Science GIFS

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 21, 2016, 11:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Sponges (Porifera) filtering water:

Iridescence:

Tank's global warming gif:

That motor protein's got some swaggar!

DNA replication:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Recusant

I have a couple that could qualify, if you stretch it a bit (or a lot), but they're more fun than science.

Anyway, here's a tardigrade swimming:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on June 22, 2016, 01:15:18 AM
I have a couple that could qualify, if you stretch it a bit (or a lot), but they're more fun than science.

Anyway, here's a tardigrade swimming:

Given the relative viscosity and density of water I'd say it would be more like burrowing through treacle than swimming.  I remember a comment about bacteria with flagella that it was like mining through warm tar size for size. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

How we really travel through space.

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Recusant

Quote from: Essie Mae on June 23, 2016, 10:48:27 PMWhat's happening there?

It's taken from the video below, which more or less explains what's going on.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Sodium/potassium pump. This makes it easier to remember that it's three sodium ions and only two potassium. :smilenod:

xSilverPhinx

joeactor

That heart one is good...

Amazing machine.

xSilverPhinx

Tank

Loving all of these. The DNA one is excellent.

Tank