News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Science image dump

Started by Claireliontamer, April 10, 2016, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

So we have the political, atheist and general one.  Why not have a science one too (especially as I can then steal them for school ;) )

xSilverPhinx

Good idea! I'll sticky this topic. :)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 10, 2016, 03:21:25 PM
Good idea! I'll sticky this topic. :)

I agree wholeheartedly, and you've set the bar high with that awesome picture Claire, simply fantastic.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

Tank

Tardigrade, False colour scanning electron microscope.

Tank

The Hubble 'Deep Field' image. There are no stars in this picture, just galaxies. For as far as the Hubble can see.

Tank

Tank

Tank

The surface of Titan, the largest of Jupiter's moons.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Saturn's beautiful rings form a striking feature, cutting across this image of two of the planet's most intriguing moons. See http://www.esa.int/spaceinimages/Images/2016/04/Saturn_s_past_and_present_moons

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-