Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Why do you say that? I think a bit of tighter cropping would help, but everyone's vision is different.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I should have gotten there a bit earlier and I should have focused on the lone cypress in the middle instead of a wide shot. I can see it now.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on February 26, 2019, 02:31:15 PM
I should have gotten there a bit earlier and I should have focused on the lone cypress in the middle instead of a wide shot. I can see it now.

You should do a lot of shots, you can always kill the crap ones later. Start with the wide shots then look for interesting things in the area. It's a very good photo anyway.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

JJ that looks a lot like some of my beloved lakes and ponds in Florida.  I am in almost heaven when messing around in a small boat or kayak in such places. 

jumbojak

I'm considering a small kayak for exploring the swamps. Also considering a waterproof camera. Just in case...

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on February 26, 2019, 11:24:14 PM
I'm considering a small kayak for exploring the swamps. Also considering a waterproof camera. Just in case...

You may be able to get a waterproof housing on ebay which would open up some more photographic possibilities.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on February 27, 2019, 08:43:56 AM

You may be able to get a waterproof housing on ebay which would open up some more photographic possibilities.

Yes possibilities, if the water is moving and you're about to catch a large eyed wood warbler, remember  Olegas Truchanas and to watch where you're going. https://www.google.com/search?q=olegas+truchanas+photos&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjcx5q32NvgAhXMfn0KHV7AB_YQsAR6BAgAEAE&biw=1600&bih=798

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

I looked into those. The only ones I found with any pedigree are more than five times the cost of my camera!

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on February 27, 2019, 02:24:36 PM

I looked into those. The only ones I found with any pedigree are more than five times the cost of my camera!

AH!

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Essie Mae

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 28, 2019, 12:05:01 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on February 28, 2019, 09:51:21 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 26, 2019, 04:16:46 AM
Definitely not my best.

Sez you.  I love it.
I like the colours.

Me too. Sometimes i'm grateful not to have an artistic eye; I think I'm happier with a philistine 'I know what I like' attitude. There is nothing to criticise it. I love it.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak