News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 29, 2019, 11:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Does anyone here play or used to play Minecraft? Show us your creations!

Back when I had loads of free time:

(Little spelling mistake there, heh) :blush:

:tellmemore: Those were the days...

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I used to explore. I'd set up my home base, just a little cabin near the spawn point, dig up enough resources to make a compass and then set off into the great unknown.

Jungles were my favorites but I liked the mountains too. I carried enough food to last for a few weeks worth of travel and then set out with a bed so I could sleep through the monster filled evenings.

Whenever I found an interesting spot I'd write the coordinates down with the intention of building a mega rail system through the Nether to link them all together, along with all of the villages and temples.

I never managed to finish that particular project.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

The sand palce is really cool. Did you ever build anything on survival mode? Scaffolding adds an extra layer of difficulty.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

The first of my 'projects' (not in any of those videos) was in survival mode, whereas for the rest I decided to start and finish in creative mode so I didn't have to waste time mining, crafting and scaffolding to build what I wanted. The first project took forever and I still don't feel like it's finished, hence I didn't make a video showcasing it.

Building in survival mode does give you a greater sense of accomplishment, IMO. And you have to think and plan what you would like to do more because it's a whole lot more work to undo if you don't like it!

jumbojak

Now I have to ask.... What is this:

That was AWESOME!

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

I'll have to look and see if any of my worlds are worth showcasing. This thread makes me want to fire up Minecraft again but I'm stuck on Final Fantasy VII right now. They ported it to Android and I've been playing through that again but seeing the coverage of the remake REALLY makes me want to buy a PlayStation 4 by next year.

I had forgotten just how fucked up the storyline of that game was when it came out.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 01, 2019, 12:03:23 AM
I'll have to look and see if any of my worlds are worth showcasing. This thread makes me want to fire up Minecraft again but I'm stuck on Final Fantasy VII right now. They ported it to Android and I've been playing through that again but seeing the coverage of the remake REALLY makes me want to buy a PlayStation 4 by next year.

I had forgotten just how fucked up the storyline of that game was when it came out.

I'm curious to see what you've created!  ;D