News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello, I'm Unsapien

Started by Unsapien, November 18, 2018, 12:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unsapien

Good evening.

I am the proud father of two sons, and the husband of a wife who has given me more to live for then <insert god name here>.

I chose my name way back when we had to put the phone on the "receiver".

Though I will probably post more on AD then here, I welcome the chance to cross pollinate.

"If we are to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

xSilverPhinx

Welcome Unsapien! I like your username! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Unsapien

Thank you.

I chose it because, humans didn't make much sense to me then, and I wanted to "stand apart",from them.

They still don't, but now that I've had kids...they've taught me.

:)
"If we are to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

No one

Unsapien

Of course.

I did see you here.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Unsapien on November 18, 2018, 01:28:33 AM
Thank you.

I chose it because, humans didn't make much sense to me then, and I wanted to "stand apart",from them.

Makes sense. :grin: I like to live under the illusion that humans make sense to me, it gets me through the day. ;D

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 18, 2018, 12:59:39 PM
Thank you.

Makes sense. :grin: I like to live under the illusion that humans make sense to me, it gets me through the day. ;D

But only just :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2018, 01:26:39 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 18, 2018, 12:59:39 PM
Thank you.

But only just :grin:

Illusion personified: What? What did he say? :worried:

Me: Nothing, he said nothing. Go back to sleep.
Illusion personified: Okay. Because...because we can't know we...*snoozes off*:visit morpheus:

Recusant

Quote from: Unsapien on November 18, 2018, 12:40:44 AM
Good evening.

I am the proud father of two sons, and the husband of a wife who has given me more to live for then <insert god name here>.

I chose my name way back when we had to put the phone on the "receiver".

Though I will probably post more on AD then here, I welcome the chance to cross pollinate.

Hello and welcome to HAF, Unsapien. I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here!

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Hey! Welcome! I post as Fireball at AF.org. Good to see you here!

Unsapien

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 18, 2018, 09:40:02 PM
Hey! Welcome! I post as Fireball at AF.org. Good to see you here!

Cool, good to see you!

I've tried getting back onto AF.org from time to time, but the last time I tried it wouldn't accept my password and the reset didn't work. I might try again down the road.

But this place seems nice.

Dark Lightning

Yes, it's pretty chill. ProgrammingGodJordan lasted only a few days, iirc.  ;D They don't take kindly to copypasta trolls.

Bluenose

G'day Unsapien, pleased to meet you.  This is a pretty cool forum, not too many trolls and those that do make it in here don't last long!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Essie Mae

Hello Unsapien. Glad to know you. I'm a bit nosy. Re you a forever atheist or have you deconverted from a religion?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare