News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on March 25, 2018, 12:07:39 AM
Dragonia's contribution  is way out there on the edge.  Makes me think of trippin' on LSD or an extreme over abundance of  high octane saki.

Hermes vid is more than music.  Observe the facial expressions of the lady flutist. ( sp...flautist?) The lady oboeist  is paying close attention to the conductor.  The entire orchestras appears to be transported to some special place. Their facial expression suggests that. Passionate, or maybe that is what the Danes do or feel.

I can imagine the Debussey prelude overlaid onto the strange Asian vid from Dragonia.

I moved in an acid circle when I was a student and your observation on Dragonia's vid is spot on.

Ravel said he wanted the Debussy piece played at his funeral, but I don't know whether that happened. My family knows my wishes for my funeral are the same.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

This song makes me just want to lie on the grass and stare at the sky.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2018, 01:19:51 PM

Fascinating song. I love it.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on March 25, 2018, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2018, 01:19:51 PM

Fascinating song. I love it.

You have good taste, Tom.  8)

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

That Glitch Mob album is great, I'll listen to it again.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 26, 2018, 12:40:21 AM

Now for something loud.  :headbang:
I only listened to the first song so far, but I really like it, I'll listen to the rest later.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

If you like Blue Stahli, you might like Celldweller as well. The two are similar.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on March 26, 2018, 09:43:50 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 24, 2018, 06:31:05 AM
This one. Again.

Still relevant.
Yes, still relevant.  ;D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit: spelling.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 26, 2018, 10:19:02 PM
If you like Blue Stahli, you might like Celldweller as well. The two are similar.
Sounds familiar, I'll have to check them out too.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on March 26, 2018, 11:47:37 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 26, 2018, 09:43:50 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 24, 2018, 06:31:05 AM
This one. Again.
https://youtu.be/NUC2EQvdzmY
Still relevant.
Yes, still relevant.  ;D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit: spelling.
Thank you. I really liked the googly eyes because it looked silly and I had the Poe one for a while.