News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Lisa Brown is a Baller

Started by Ali, June 18, 2012, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on June 18, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
Quote"Although male lawmakers "have no problem passing laws about my vagina ... when I dared mention its name, they became outraged."

Viva vagina!

I swear to Asmo, there are just some times I can hear the Twilight Zone theme playing.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

markmcdaniel

Imagine what would have happened if she had said anus or bowel movement.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

technolud

Quote from: markmcdanielImagine what would have happened if she had said anus or bowel movement.

Scatalogical references are completely acceptable.  Go to any comedy club on any night.

DeterminedJuliet

This was floating around my facebook
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

^^ Nice!

I think I'm going jump on the vagina bandwagon and start working the word into as many conversations as I can.

"That's a lovely sweater you're wearing.  It's sort of.....(pause for dramatic effect)....vagina colored."

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on June 19, 2012, 04:22:40 PM
^^ Nice!

I think I'm going jump on the vagina bandwagon and start working the word into as many conversations as I can.

"That's a lovely sweater you're wearing.  It's sort of.....(pause for dramatic effect)....vagina colored."

Great idea. Time to stop pussying around. Not so sure about the "vagina bandwagon" though. Sounds like a mobile whorehouse.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sandra Craft

"And that ceramic bowl has the most enchanting vagina shape."
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 19, 2012, 03:21:18 PM

I hope that's actually his mum.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 19, 2012, 03:21:18 PM

This woman is awesome. I want that fucking sign as a tshirt. Fuck close minded male politicians and their censorship of women.

Vagina is the correct term. how can it be wrong? That really grinds my gears.

I want to look at America from across the waters and go "wow, glad I don't live there."  :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Happy_Is_Good

Quote from: Tank on June 18, 2012, 04:27:37 PM
I do wonder if America is going to end up in the Stone Age.

No really, Brother.

This may sound crude, but it is a necessary step....and it will work.

Hope this helps to explain.

Thanks. 

Beachdragon

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 20, 2012, 02:35:25 AM

Hey!  You're having a bowl of ice cream!  What flavor?

Cherry Vagina.

;D

Ali

Quote from: Beachdragon on June 28, 2012, 07:36:43 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 20, 2012, 02:35:25 AM

Hey!  You're having a bowl of ice cream!  What flavor?

Cherry Vagina.

;D

Hahahahahaha.   Oh my, that perfume smells wonderful!  What's it called? 

Calvin Klein's "Vagina"

En_Route

I'd join in the joke but I'm prohibited from using that word; so I'll clam.

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on June 28, 2012, 08:08:27 PM

*high five*  I do loves me a good pun.

FTR you're not prohibited from using the word vagina.  You are encouraged to use the word vagina.  But in positive ways.  Saying "Not to be a vagina..." implies that vaginas are bad.  That's counterproductive to our cause of reclaiming the word vagina for vagina-havers everywhere.  Vagina! (I wonder how many times I have to say vagina before this thread starts popping up on Google's first page whenever someone googles vagina?  Pun intended!)

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on June 28, 2012, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: En_Route on June 28, 2012, 08:08:27 PM

*high five*  I do loves me a good pun.

FTR you're not prohibited from using the word vagina.  You are encouraged to use the word vagina.  But in positive ways.  Saying "Not to be a vagina..." implies that vaginas are bad.  That's counterproductive to our cause of reclaiming the word vagina for vagina-havers everywhere.  Vagina! (I wonder how many times I have to say vagina before this thread starts popping up on Google's first page whenever someone googles vagina?  Pun intended!)

Saying  "Not to be a vagina" implies that one is being tongue-in-cheek, which is a whole other anatomical ballgame.