News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Does atheism have anything worth living for?

Started by MarcusA, May 04, 2023, 09:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

:sadnod: I had a squid (or mebbe octopus. One of them Cthulhu-type-critters) pizza like that once. It's almost like the stuff would make for excellent endurance tyres.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

Octopus pizza. You should be ashamed.
Do you know what it means to be an octopus?
It's brain is spread throughout its body and its arms can each think separately.

Asmodean

Well, it was rubbery. :sadnod:

The Asmo has had some excellent squid-like-creature dishes - that one was just not one of them, and He would have reason for shame if He repeatedly ate such rubber pizza, but He does evaluate such like against His Divine taste palette, so when He most righteously calls billy out for heresy most heinous and unjust, it is because He too hath partaken of the apple of pine on a pizza, and declared that pines simply should not grow apples as a result of that experience.

...which, by the way, is why them apples of pine grow on them aloe-looking things in stead of pines. 'Twas The Asmo. One of His greatest Divine Accomplishments. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

If you think you only might have ate octopus you still need to repent.
Octopus flesh is rubbery.
https://www.seriouseats.com/how-to-cook-octopus#:~:text=This%20collagen%20makes%20octopus%20flesh,they%20become%20soft%20and%20tender.

However I do make allowance for you don't know what you are eating these days.

Asmodean

The Asmo eateth octopi because The Asmo envieth Cthulhu his Unholy Tentacles.

He repenteth NOTHING! ...Eth. >:(

...So its arms can "think" separately. Not if He cooks them long enough, they don't. >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

Octopus has no tentacles. It has legs or arms.
Go to confession and promise to eat only 4 cheese pizza.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_ai_quattro_formaggi

Asmodean

The Asmo gets His pizza with loads of different meat products :smilenod:

Not octopus tentacles, which by the way they are when worn as a beard by a eldritch god, but those are good for other kinds of food.

If The Asmo meant The Asmo to live off carrots and beans, He would not have created the world with actual food in it. He did though, so... Meat. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

zorkan

Get my own back on the believers who have issued me with afterlife and death threats.
"You will burn in hell."
"I will kill you for that."
Strange how only Christians and Muslims issue statements like this.
My reply:
Ah, so your religion is nothing to do with love and peace.

Icarus

Quote from: zorkan on April 04, 2024, 01:42:57 PMGet my own back on the believers who have issued me with afterlife and death threats.
"You will burn in hell."
"I will kill you for that."
Strange how only Christians and Muslims issue statements like this.
My reply:
Ah, so your religion is nothing to do with love and peace.

The internet has become something of a curse against mankind. We have thousands of ignorant assholes who threaten judges and politicians through the internet. Most of them are idle threats posted by aforementioned ignorant assholes, but there are a dangerous few of the IA's who actually try to fulfill their threats.

Asmodean

Yeah, but to be fair, if they fulfilled those threats on the Internet, it would have been a crime reducing force like no other.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: zorkan on April 03, 2024, 12:48:25 PMOctopus pizza. You should be ashamed.
It's brain is spread throughout its body and its arms can each think separately.

Adrian Tchaikovsky is an SF writer with an odd pedigree he was a zoologist at one point. In one of his books he deals with genetically engineered octopi and does a lot with the dispersed intelligence in great depth.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: zorkan on April 03, 2024, 12:48:25 PMOctopus pizza. You should be ashamed.

Like a soggy spider, then. The smallest spiders have some of their nervous system distributed into their limbs as well. I don't eat spiders (that I know of), but I've eaten octopus. It has been decades, though.

billy rubin

i once made octopus curry. not bad.

i used to eat squid regularly at the local cuban restaurant in san jose. the rice was always purple because of the ink.

then they sold to some other cubans and the reciepe changed to a tomato-based thing that was pretty different.

i expected nothing but im still disappointed