News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Killing for their faith

Started by Dave, February 06, 2017, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

The should pray that prayer protects them fom the demons in prison.

Dragonia

I can almost guarantee that I know what was going through their heads. They thought this was a test from God to see if they would REALLY trust him, even after he let one of their children die. This was to prove God's sovereignty over everything in their life, including those things most precious to them.
And I have no doubt that the peer pressure to remain "faithful and strong" was huge.
I have heard it before in real life and I know their tactics to subdue common sense.
However, as much as I understand craziness like this, I have no patience or compassion for it. They ought to have been in jail after the first one. I only hope their remaining children will be able to see reality and not carry on this horrible belief system.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

People that sick in the head should be locked up in a psychiatric prison.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I heard about things like this when I was on a schizophrenia forum before I started coming here. The story I heard was that a kid attempted suicide because he was told by the faith healers to stop taking his antidepressants and pray or something like that.

And there were also some religious people on the forum as well, nobody too crazy but there were some there to take advantage of other people. And some who thought that the potato god joke we made was to get rid of God all together.

And that reminds me of many Christians who think society as a whole is out to destroy their religion even though it's the largest in the world.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱