News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Me / my show

Started by cgmccall, April 03, 2012, 09:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on April 16, 2012, 08:01:18 PM
Quote from: cgmccall on April 08, 2012, 02:14:47 AM
Oh, fear not the Life of Brain reference. I myself am a Brit.
Also an American though, so it's hard to be cheeky.
I finally did it.  I looked up cheeky.  So I guess I am a cheeky American.  I refuse to call myself saucy or pert, so I must be cheeky.
Pert is not a word I would associate you with  :o
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

I finally did it.  I looked up cheeky.  So I guess I am a cheeky American.  I refuse to call myself saucy or pert, so I must be cheeky.

This made me laugh.  A lot.  The picture of you in your avatar, paired with the adjectives "saucy" or "pert."  Oh Asmo.  *Laughing*

Asmodean

Pert(h), it is in Oz. Yes, yes it is. So you can not be a pert unless you are in Oz, no?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on April 17, 2012, 10:51:49 AM
Pert(h), it is in Oz. Yes, yes it is. So you can not be a pert unless you are in Oz, no?

Ye but it was named for a Perth in Scotland.  Proper Oz names should be wangier, places like:  Budawang, Burnewang, Burrawang, Gnowangerup, Gowangardie, Innawanga, Jerrawangala, Tantawangalo, Wallerawang, Wang Wauk, Wangaratta, Wangary, Wangi Wangi (which means place of many wangis), or Wangoom.

Guardian85

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 17, 2012, 11:31:09 AM

Ye but it was named for a Perth in Scotland.  Proper Oz names should be wangier, places like:  Budawang, Burnewang, Burrawang, Gnowangerup, Gowangardie, Innawanga, Jerrawangala, Tantawangalo, Wallerawang, Wang Wauk, Wangaratta, Wangary, Wangi Wangi (which means place of many wangis), or Wangoom.
Which leads to the most obvious question: what in the hell is a wangi?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

OldGit

^ Don't ask. Trust me, you'd rather not know.  ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 17, 2012, 11:31:09 AM

Talk sense, Man!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 17, 2012, 03:23:00 PM
Talk sense, Man!

I thought I was.
I'll go sleep and see if that helps.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 17, 2012, 03:30:28 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 17, 2012, 03:23:00 PM
Talk sense, Man!

I thought I was.
I'll go sleep and see if that helps.

S'okay. I don't blame you. It's your Country's love for silly names. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on April 16, 2012, 10:11:57 PM
Pert is not a word I would associate you with  :o

Neither would I. A character trait is the last thing that comes to mind when that word is used.  ;)
Retired member.