News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

This is harder than being a Christian!

Started by mayitry2answer, December 02, 2011, 10:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayitry2answer

Praise the Lord!

I wish to remain anonymous. You can call me Christian. I am NOT from America or Australia. I am a Christian. I became a Christian after reading the Bible. My age: between 30 to 60.

That's all for now. Happy to answer any questions anyone wish to ask.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

hello and welcome
umm this is an honest question, don't take me wrong.. but you read the bible... and you are OK with it??
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

Greetings, mayitry2answer. Blessèd be Our Noodly Lord the FSM; may you be ever drenched in His healing Sauce.

You are welcome and will be treated with courtesy - even if your beliefs aren't - provided you stick to our reasonable rules.  However on past form you have no chance whatever of converting any atheist here and should cherish no illusion of being the first.

My age is somewhere between senility and dementia.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 02, 2011, 10:43:25 AM
Praise the Lord!

No!

Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 02, 2011, 10:43:25 AMI am NOT from America or Australia.

Ah never mind, misfortune often builds character of some sort.

Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 02, 2011, 10:43:25 AMHappy to answer any questions anyone wish to ask.

Do you think roast beef can ever equal roast lamb?

Welcome to the congregation, ah no that has a religious connotation, welcome to the agglomeration.

Too Few Lions

welcome to the forum, I'm a happy little atheist chimpanzee with no questions for you just yet. Hope you enjoy posting here

Buddy

Welcome to the forum, sit tight, don't let the Asmos bite  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 02, 2011, 01:21:13 PM
He tends to knore and suck in my experience.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: mayitry2answer on December 02, 2011, 10:43:25 AM
Praise the Lord!

I wish to remain anonymous. You can call me Christian. I am NOT from America or Australia. I am a Christian. I became a Christian after reading the Bible. My age: between 30 to 60.

That's all for now. Happy to answer any questions anyone wish to ask.
Hi m2a

No questions yet  ;D

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2011, 01:56:58 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 02, 2011, 01:21:13 PM
He tends to knore and suck in my experience.

Wouldn't know never been on the receiving end of an Asmo bite. That just sounds akward.

So m2a, i there any particular reason you joined? Chatting, debating, etc?   
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Whitney

Welcome to HAF.

Since I am more than familiar with Christianity (of various forms) my questions are the following:

1.  Why did you join HAF.
2.  Why did you provide such a broad age range rather than just not providing one at all?  30-60 is a big difference in age and life experience.
3.  Which Bible did you read...and did you read all of it (not asking for anything more than that)?

mayitry2answer

Quote from: Asmodean on December 02, 2011, 11:29:12 AM
One question: why did you join here?

I hope to share my view and to learn and observe the view of others about the world at large.

mayitry2answer

Quote from: MariaEvri on December 02, 2011, 12:18:00 PM
hello and welcome
umm this is an honest question, don't take me wrong.. but you read the bible... and you are OK with it??

Glad you asked! :) :) :)

I have read it few times since I became a Christian back in 1997 and had been reading it again and again since. I just don't have the words to describe the feeling I have for the Word of God. In it I see the Wisdom of God.

I like to say more but I will stop here. Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

----------------------------------
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. (Psalms 34:8 )

mayitry2answer

Quote from: OldGit on December 02, 2011, 12:36:48 PM
Greetings, mayitry2answer. Blessèd be Our Noodly Lord the FSM; may you be ever drenched in His healing Sauce.

You are welcome and will be treated with courtesy - even if your beliefs aren't - provided you stick to our reasonable rules.  However on past form you have no chance whatever of converting any atheist here and should cherish no illusion of being the first.

My age is somewhere between senility and dementia.

Thanks! If I could or I had the power to convert someone to Christ, I would convert my family and my relatives as none of them are believers. No men or women has that Power.