News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello from England

Started by Tank, May 06, 2010, 07:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "karadan"Welcome to the forum Tank.

Leeds is cool. Pity about the football team though. :p

Hi

Well not being a great football fan the Leeds situation doesn't worry me, although the team just got a guaranteed promotion for next year, which I gather is a good thing. I tend to follow F1 Grand Prix myself, McLaren being the team I have followed of late having been a Williams fan in their hay day.

Go Jenson!!   :D

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tank

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "karadan"Welcome to the forum Tank.

Leeds is cool. Pity about the football team though. :p

Hi

Well not being a great football fan the Leeds situation doesn't worry me, although the team just got a guaranteed promotion for next year, which I gather is a good thing. I tend to follow F1 Grand Prix myself, McLaren being the team I have followed of late having been a Williams fan in their hay day.

Go Jenson!!   :D

Definitely! My son redesigned part of the cars suspension during the last summer break of his Mech Eng masters the year before last year. It was accepted for production before the credit crunch but as the redesign just saved weight and the titanium parts would have been much more expensive they never went onto the car. He worked there for 6 weeks, lucky bugger!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Davin

Quote from: "Tank"I wonder what I'll turn into  :eek:
A shark.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: "Davin"
Quote from: "Tank"I wonder what I'll turn into  :D

Tank

I have received Bacon  :D

Tank

Now 'Doesn't Believe in Mother Goose' apparently!!

Mother Goose  :headbang:

skwurll

I should post more, if just to get those title/rank thingies.

The only problem is, I hardly ever have anything intelligent to say, so I lurk a bit more than I post.

Tank

Quote from: "skwurll"I should post more, if just to get those title/rank thingies.

The only problem is, I hardly ever have anything intelligent to say, so I lurk a bit more than I post.
If you don't have anything intelligent to say then ask questions, it will a) make you look intelligent and b) help you learn things, which lead to c) you don't have to ask any more questions as you know the answers and therefore d) you can answer questions, leading to e) You appear intelligent! Problem solved!!!

Cecilie

Quote from: "skwurll"I should post more, if just to get those title/rank thingies.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say then ask questions, it will a) make you look intelligent and b) help you learn things, which lead to c) you don't have to ask any more questions as you know the answers and therefore d) you can answer questions, leading to e) You appear intelligent! Problem solved!!!

That's what I do! :)
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: "Cecilie"

That's what I do! :hmm:  Not sure that's a recommendation though!

Cecilie

Oh, sorry. Didn't read the whole thing there. I'm on b) skipping a).  :headbang: <--- Always wanted to use that one.)

Tank

Oh, sorry. Didn't read the whole thing there. I'm on b) skipping a).  :headbang: <--- Always wanted to use that one.)

Actually I like this one  :rant:

Cecilie

Quote from: "Tank"Actually I like this one  :drool

Tank

Quote from: "Tank"Actually I like this one  :drool
I have links to loads of smilies but there on my other PC  :(