News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hello from England

Started by Tank, May 06, 2010, 07:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanker

Hello Tank and welcome to the forum. Are  you an armor crewman? Or just a tank lover?
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Tank

Quote from: "Tanker"Hello Tank and welcome to the forum. Are  you an armor crewman? Or just a tank lover?
Neither really. Although I'm into all things military as an arm chair user. I was quite large at school and played rugby and tended to just barge through the opposition, hence the nick name of Tank. I also live near the Vickers tank factory at Barnbow in Leeds which was another reason the name came to mind.

Do you have a background on the real thing?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tanker

I was an Abrams tanker for 5 years. I have since left the Army but at the time I joined this forum I was still in an not feeling particularly creative so I chose Tanker.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Tank

Quote from: "Tanker"I was an Abrams tanker for 5 years. I have since left the Army but at the time I joined this forum I was still in an not feeling particularly creative so I chose Tanker.
Have you written about your experiences here or elsewhere? I must confess to being a sucker for the experiences of people who have 'been there and done it'. I've just finish reading Bob Ballards account of finding the wreck of the Bismark and it really comes to life due to the accounts of the survivors of the battles.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Time for bed on this side of the Pond.

Good night all  :D

McQ

Quote from: "Tank"I noticed the 'No Preaching' rule. Would that tend to be the fundie nemesis or do they just give up in the end?

Mostly we get frustrated, they repeat themselves endlessly, refuse to learn anything (probably because satan uses us to try to trick them), we all just watch the threads disintegrate, someone gets banned, or we just ignore them.

By the way, former U.S. Army here, but didn't drive tanks. I suppose my nickname, if based on the Army, would be "rotorhead".  :)

Also, small world coincidence...I just finished a two-day stint doing presentations and round table discussions on Multiple Myeloma with a gentleman from Leeds (well, he grew up in Leeds, but lives in Denver, Colorado now).
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Morning all.

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Tank"I noticed the 'No Preaching' rule. Would that tend to be the fundie nemesis or do they just give up in the end?

Mostly we get frustrated, they repeat themselves endlessly, refuse to learn anything (probably because satan uses us to try to trick them), we all just watch the threads disintegrate, someone gets banned, or we just ignore them.
Very familiar with this scenario. I will endeavour not to get banned  :) [/quote]
Once read Snake Pilot was thrilling and scary by turns. What did you fly? Did you get anywhere exotic?

Quote from: "McQ"Also, small world coincidence...I just finished a two-day stint doing presentations and round table discussions on Multiple Myeloma with a gentleman from Leeds (well, he grew up in Leeds, but lives in Denver, Colorado now).
As you say, it's a small world. I've lived in Leeds since '86 but lived in and south of London. I was born in Worthing a sleepy little retirement resort on the south coast of England. If I had been any further south I would have been French  :eek:

theTwiz

Hey Tank, welcome to HAF. You've already posted in one of my threads but oh well lol while looking up prestonwood to link here I heard another term for mega churches: The REPENTAGON  :headbang:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

McQ

Quote from: "Tank"Once read Snake Pilot was thrilling and scary by turns. What did you fly? Did you get anywhere exotic?

I flew Hueys, Kiowas, and Cobras (another Snake pilot here). Exotic? The most exotic would be Central America: Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Tank"Once read Snake Pilot was thrilling and scary by turns. What did you fly? Did you get anywhere exotic?

I flew Hueys, Kiowas, and Cobras (another Snake pilot here). Exotic? The most exotic would be Central America: Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala.
Any scary moments to share?

Tank

I appear to have obtained the forum rank Beginning to See the Wedge  :drool

[spoiler:205e6hzo][attachment=0:205e6hzo]thongwedgie.jpg[/attachment:205e6hzo][/spoiler:205e6hzo]

elliebean

:hide:[/spoiler:3gub1dyn]
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Tank

Quote from: "elliebean":eek:
[spoiler:19vvbqt9]Ow!  :hide:[/spoiler:19vvbqt9]

Yes! That's gotta hurt!

karadan

Welcome to the forum Tank.

Leeds is cool. Pity about the football team though. :p
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tank

Quote from: "karadan"Welcome to the forum Tank.

Leeds is cool. Pity about the football team though. :p

Hi

Well not being a great football fan the Leeds situation doesn't worry me, although the team just got a guaranteed promotion for next year, which I gather is a good thing. I tend to follow F1 Grand Prix myself, McLaren being the team I have followed of late having been a Williams fan in their hay day.